List of Schemes Launched by Modi Government
GET THE JOBS UPDATES IN YOUR INBOX
PRADHAN MANTRI JAN DHAN YOJANA:
- Objective of “Pradhan Mantri Jan-Dhan Yojana (PMJDY)” is ensuring access to various financial services like availability of basic savings bank account, access to need based credit, remittances facility, insurance and pension to the excluded sections i.e. weaker sections & low income groups.
Benefits of schemes are
- Interest on deposit.
- Accidental insurance cover of Rs.1Lakh
- No minimum balance required
- Life insurance cover of Rs.30,000
- Overdraft facility after 6 months.
- Access to Pension, insurance products.
- RuPay Debit Card.
- Overdraft facility upto Rs.5000/- is available in only one account per household.
Launched by PM Narendra Modi on 28th August 2014
SUKHANYA SAMRIDI ACCOUNT:
- The objective behind this initiative is to address the gender imbalance & create positive environment in favor of girl child. It is the part of “Beti Bachao-Beti Padhao”.
Benefits of the scheme are
- Highest interest rate of9.2%
- Exempted from Tax u/s 80c
- The maturity of account is 21 years from date of opening account or marriage of girl child whichever is earlier.
- Initial deposit of Rs.1000 and thereafter any amount in multiple of Rs.100 can be deposited to maximum of 1.5lakhs.
Launched By PM Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2015.
MUDRA BANK YOJANA : (Micro Unit Development and Refinance Agency Bank)
- MUDRA will provide credit up to Rs.10 lakh to small entrepreneurs & act as regulator of Micro finance institutions.
- Objective of the scheme are to encourage entrepreneurs and small business units to expand their capabilities and to reduce over indebtedness.
Schemes offered by MUDRA bank are:
- Shishu-the starters-covers loan up to Rs.50,000
- Kishor-the mid stage finance seekers-covers loan above Rs.50,000 and up to Rs.5,00,000.
- Tarun-growth seekers- covers loan above Rs.5,00,000 and up to Rs. 10,00,000 Launched by PM Narendra Modi on 8th April 2015.
PRADHAN MANTRI JEEVA JYOTI BIMA YOJANA:
- It is government backed life insurance scheme.
- Age limit: 18 to 50 years of age.
- Annual premium- Rs.330 per year for life cover of Rs.2,00,000.
- Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 9th May 2015.
PRADHAN MANTRI SURAKSHA BIMA YOJANA:
- Age limit: 18-70 years
- Annual premium: Rs.12 per year.
- Coverage: accidental death and full disability of Rs.2,00,00 and Rs.1,00,000 for partial disability. Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 9th May 2015.
ATAL PENSION SCHEME:
- Atal pension scheme is targeted at unorganized sector workers.
- Age limit: 18-40 years
- Pension will start at age of 60 years.
- Depending upon the contribution, the beneficiary will get guaranteed pension of Rs.1000 to Rs.5000 per month.
- Govt will contribute 50% of total contribution or Rs.1000 whichever is lower.
Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 9th may 2015.
MAKE IN INDIA:
Objective of Make in India initiative is
- To promote India a manufacturing hub.
- Economic transformation in India
- To eliminate unnecessary law and regulation.
- 25 sectors have been included in Make in India scheme. Some of sectors are automobiles, chemicals,
- IT, pharmaceuticals, textiles, leather, tourism and hospitality, design manufacturing, renewable energy, mining and electronics.
Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 25th September 2014.
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan is a national campaign by government of India aims to accomplish the vision of clean India by 2nd October 2019.
Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 2nd October 2014.
- A performance ranking on Swachh Bharat Abhiyan of 476 cities in the country, based on the extent of open defecation and solid waste management practices, released by the Ministry of Urban Development recently. Top 10 cities are: Mysore, Tiruchirapalli, Navi Mumbai, Kochi, Hassan, Mandhya, Bengaluru, Thiruvanathapuram, Halisahar, Gangtok.
KISAN VIKAS PATRA:
- Kisan Vikas Patra is a saving certificate scheme which was first launched in 1988 by India Post and it was relaunched in 2014.
- The denomination available in Rs. 1000, 5000, 10000 & Rs.50000 The amount invested will double in 100 months.
- Certificate is issued in single or in joint names.
- It can be pledged as security to get loans.
- Interest rate – 8.7%
Launched by by Finance Minister Arun jaitley on 18th November 2014.
KRISHI AMBANI BIMA YOJANA:
- Objective of the scheme is to give impetus dying to agriculture practice.
- If farmers bear any financial burden due to unexpected weather, then Krishi Ambani Bima Yojana will help them.
PRADHAN MANTRI GRAM SINCHAI YOJANA:
- The motive of Pradhan Mantri Gram Sinchai Yojana will be to take irrigation water to each and every agricultural field in the country.
- Launched by by Rajnath Singh.
PRADHAN MANTRI SANSAD ADARSH GRAM YOJANA:
- Under this scheme, Mps will be responsible for developing the socio-economic and physical infrastructure of three villages each by 2019. Total of eight villages by 2024.
- The first Adarsh gram must be developed by 2016 and more by 2019.
- Total of 6433 Adarsh Grams of 265000 gram Panchayat will be created by 2024.
Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 11th October 2014.
SOIL HEALTH CARD SCHEME:
- Govt has launched this scheme to provide every farmers a soil health. The card will carry crop wise recommendations of nutrients/ fertilizers required for farmers to improve productivity.
- Budget allotted Rs.100 crore for issuing cards.
- The Government of India has launched the Digital India programme with the vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
Digital India is keyed on three key areas –
- Digital Infrastructure as a Utility to Every Citizen
- Governance & Services on Demand
- Digital Empowerment of Citizens
Pillars of Digital India –
- Broadband Highways
- Universal Access to Phones
- Public Internet Access Programme
- e-Governance – Reforming government through Technology
- e-Kranti – Electronic delivery of services
- Information for All
- Electronics Manufacturing – Target NET ZERO Imports
- IT for Jobs
- Early Harvest Programmes
Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 1st july 2015.
- Skill India focuses on creating jobs for youth, the govt has decided to revamp the antiquated industrial training centres that will skill over 20 lakh youth annually.and creating 500million jobs by 2020.
Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 15th july 2015 (on occasion of world youth skills day).
HRIDAY (National Heritage City Development and Augmentation Yojana):
- The Ministry of Urban Development, Government of India, launched the (HRIDAY) scheme on 21st January, 2015, with a focus on holistic development of heritage cities.
- With a duration of 27 months (completing in March 2017) and a total outlay of Rs.500 Crores, the Scheme is being implemented in 12 identified Cities namely, Ajmer, Amaravati, Amritsar, Badami, Dwarka, Gaya, Kanchipuram, Mathura, Puri, Varanasi, Velankanni and Warangal.
BETI BACHAO, BETI PADHAO YOJANA:
- Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao (Save girl child, educate girl child) is a Government of India scheme that aims to generate awareness and improving the efficiency of welfare services meant for women. The scheme was initiated with an initial corpus of Rs 100 crore
Launched by by PM Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2015
- Mission Indradhanush was launched to speed up the process of immunization. It aims to immunize all children against seven vaccine preventable diseases namely diphtheria, whooping cough (Pertussis), tetanus, polio, tuberculosis, measles and hepatitis B by 2020. The target of full coverage is set to be achieved by the year 2020.
Launched by by Union Health Minister J.P.Nadda on 25th december 2014
Deen Dayal Upadhvava Gram Jyoti Yojana:
DDUGJY is a Government of India scheme aimed to provide continuous power supply to rural India.
- It is one of the key initiatives of Modi Government and it aims to supply 24×7 uninterrupted power supplies to all homes.
- The government plans to invest Rs 75,600 crore for rural electrification under this scheme. The scheme will replace the existing Rajiv Gandhi Grameen Vidyutikaran Yojana.
Deen Dayal Upadhvava Grameen Kaushalya Yojana :
DDU-GKY is a Government of India youth employment scheme.
- It was launched by on 25 September 2014 by Union Minsters Nitin Gadkari and Venkaiah Naidu on the occasion of 98th birth anniversary of Pandit Deendayal Upadhyay. It aims to target youth, under the age group of 18-35 years.
PANDIT DEENDAYAL UPADHYAY SHRAMEV YOJANA:
- A dedicated Shram Suvidha Portal: That would allot Labour Identification Number (LIN) to nearly 6 lakhs units and allow them to file online compliance for 16 out of 44 labour laws
- An all-new Random Inspection Scheme: Utilizing technology to eliminate human discretion in selection of units for Inspection, and uploading of Inspection Reports within 72 hours of inspection mandatory Universal Account Number: Enables 4.17 crore employees to have their Provident Fund account portable, hassle-free and universally accessible
- Apprentice Protsahan Yojana: Will support manufacturing units mainly and other establishments by reimbursing 50% of the stipend paid to apprentices during first two years of their training Revamped Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana: Introducing a Smart Card for the workers in the unorganized sector seeded with details of two more social security schemes
AMRUT – ATAL MISSION FOR REJUVENATION AND URBAN DEVELPOMENT:
- The AMRUT scheme would focus on water supply, sewerage facilities and management, storm water drains to reduce flooding, strengthening of public transport facilities and creating public amenities like parks and recreation clubs.
AMRUT- Upgraded version of JNNURM (Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission)
- Under Swadesh Darshan, integrated development of theme based circuits has been taken up for holistic and inclusive development which can provide engaging and complete tourism experience to both domestic including low budget tourists and foreign tourists. The Scheme envisages enhancement of tourist attractiveness in a sustainable manner by developing world class infrastructure in the circuit destination.
Launched by Ministry of Tourism.
PRASAD(Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Augmentation Drive)
- PRASAD to beautify and improve the amenities and infrastructure at pilgrimage centres of all faiths. Under PRASAD, initially twelve cities have been identified namely Ajmer, Amritsar, Amravati, Dwarka, Gaya, Kedarnath, Kamakhaya, Kanchipuram, Mathura, Puri, Varanasi and Velankanni.
Launched by Ministry of Tourism.
Mxhatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana-MGPSY:
- Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Suraksha Yojana is a special social security scheme which includes Pension and Life Insurance, introduced by Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs for the overseas Indian workers in possession of Emigration Check Required (ECR) passports. It is a voluntary scheme designed to help workers to meet their three financial needs: saving for retirement, saving for their return and resettlement, and providing free life insurance offering coverage for death from natural causes.
- The Special Industry Initiative J&K ‘Udaan’ Scheme is to provide skills and enhance employability of 40,000 youth over a period of five years in key high growth sectors. The scheme is being implemented by the National Skill Development Council (NSDC) and the corporate sector in PPP mode.
- Udaan also aims to provide a platform that empowers girl students and provides them with better learning opportunities. Human resource development (HRD) ministry programme is designed to provide a comprehensive platform to deserving girl students aspiring to pursue higher education in engineering and assist them to prepare for the IIT-JEE while studying in Classes 11 and 12.
BAL SWACHH ABHIYAN:
- Bal Swachhta Abhiyan is a mission launched on 14th of November 2014 to increase awareness about the cleanliness of the children all over the India.
RANI LAXMI BAI PENSION SCHEME:
- This is special pension scheme it would be given to Muzzaffarnagar riot victims by UP government.
LATESTS GOVERNMENT JOBS
TN Police Materials TET Paper II Science TET Paper II Social Science Group 2A Materials VAO Course TNPSC Group VIII Course Pack TNPSC Assistant Jailor Tamil Video Course