Central Government Schemes – January 2016
GET THE JOBS UPDATES IN YOUR INBOX
Government Schemes – January 2016
Central Government Schemes
DBT Scheme for Kerosene from April 1, 2016
- The government will unveil Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme for kerosene from 1st April 2016, where the users will buy the cooking fuel at market rate but will get financial support directly in their bank accounts.
- The scheme will be implemented in selected 26 districts of 8 states.
- In this regard, states be given cash incentive of 75% of subsidy savings during the first two years, 50% in the third year and 25% in the fourth year.
- Himachal Pradesh,
- Madhya Pradesh,
- Punjab and Rajasthan
First Company of Ganga Task Force deployed Ganga Gram Yojana launched
- The Union Minister of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bharti launched Ganga Gram Yojana at Village Puth in Hapur district of Uttar Pradesh (UP).
- Under the scheme, 1600 villages of UP situated along the banks of river Ganga will be developed.
Highlights of the Ganga Gram Yojana
- In the first phase of the progamme, 200 villages have been selected initially.
- In these villages, open drains falling into river Ganga will be diverted and alternative arrangements for sewage treatment will be made.
- The villages will have toilets in every house hold.
- It is proposed to incur the expenditure of 1 crore rupees on every village.
Stand Up India Scheme & Coversion of MUDRA Ltd approved
- Union Cabinet has approved the “Stand Up India Scheme” to promote entrepreneurship among SC/ST and Women entrepreneurs. Under this, the government aims to achieve the target of at least 2.5 lakh approvals in three years from the launch of the scheme.
- It envisages reaching out to under-served sectors of the population by facilitating bank loans repayable up to 7 years and between 10 lakh to Rs. 1 crore for Greenfield enterprises in the non-farm sector set up by such SC, ST and Women borrowers.
Key Highlights of Scheme
- Refinance window through Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with an initial amount of 10,000 crore.
- The loan under the scheme would be appropriately secured and backed by a credit guarantee through a credit guarantee scheme for which Department of Financial Services would be the settler and National Credit Guarantee Trustee Company Ltd. (NCGTC) would be the operating agency.
- Handholding support for borrowers at the pre loan stage and during operations.
- Margin money of the composite loan would be up to 25%.
Mission Indradhanush added Four new vaccines
- Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare, Jagat Prakash Nadda has announced that a set of four new vaccines will be added soon under “Mission Indradhanush”.
- As a part of India’s newborn action plan,inactivated polio vaccine, adult Japanese Encephalitis vaccine, Rotavirus vaccine and Measles Rubella vaccine will be added.
Union Government announced extension of Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao scheme in 61 more districts
- Union Government has decided to extend the Scheme Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao to 61 more districts in 2016 to improve the declining girl child sex ratio.
Objectives of initiatives
- Prevention of gender biased sex selective elimination.
- Ensuring survival and protection of the girl child.
- Ensuring education and participation of the Girl child.
- The Scheme was launched in 100 districts with poor sex ratio across the country in January 2015.
SEEMA DARSHAN an initiative by the Ministry of Human Resource Development
- SEEMA DARSHAN an initiative to provide an opportunity for the children to experience the border environment and to encourage patriotism and nationalism among the students.
- It aims to provide the students the experience of the current security environment in the border areas.
About the Program
- The Ministry of Human Resource Development in association with the Ministry of Defense and the Ministry of Home affairs is organizing the programme. This is a five days program starting from 22nd January 2016.
- Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) and Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will took part in the program. This sort of programs boosts the morale of our soldiers and develops felling of patriotism among the students.
Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- In a bid to provide a social security to farmers, Union Cabinet has approved a new crop insurance scheme, having premiums as low as 1.5% of the sum insured.
- Dubbed as Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (Prime Minister’s Crop Insurance Scheme), it will charge a uniform premium 2% of the sum insured from farmers for all kharif crops and 1.5% for rabi crops. For horticulture crops, the annual premium will be 5% of the sum insured.
- The balance premium would be paid by the government to the insurance companies. This would be shared equally by the Centre and state governments.
- PMFBY will replace the existing two schemes National Agricultural Insurance Scheme as well as Modified NAIS which have had some inherent drawbacks.
“Start up India, Stand up India” instigated in Thane
- The ambitious flagship programme, “Start Up India, Stand Up India” has been launched in Thane by Deepak Ghaisas, who was the first Indian to receive the CFO Asia Award in 2001.
- The programme was initiated at the campus of Vidya Prasarak Mandal, which is an eminent city-based educational institution.
- Ghaisas, currently serving as the Chairman of Gencoval Strategic Services.
About “Start-up India, Stand up India”:
- To create a strong ecosystem for enhancing innovation and startups in India, Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP) has organised Startup India, Standup India initiative along with other key Indian startup ecosystem players. Here are some key features:
Financing & Incentives
- It is basically to promote bank financing for start-ups and offer incentives to boost entrepreneurship and job creation. Government will set up a fund with an initial corpus of Rs 2,500 crore and a total corpus of Rs 10,000 crore over a period of 4 years.
- A startup will be able to set up by just filling up a short form through amobile app and online portal that will be launched in April.
Patent protection –
- Patent applications of the startups shall be fast tracked for examination and disposal. The government will make IPR procedure transparent for startups.
- Start-ups can self-certify their compliance with environment and labour laws. There will be no inspection for three years.
Patent rebate –
- Startups will also be given 80% rebate in filing patents, however, this is a pilot launch for one year.
Tax exemption –
- Starting April 1, 2016, startups will be exempted from income-tax for three years.
Capital gain tax exemption –
- Exemptions shall be given in case capital gains are invested in the fund of funds recognised by the government.
State Government Schemes
Jaya launches ‘Amma seeds’ scheme for farmers
- TN Chief Minister J Jayalalithaa has launched the scheme ‘Amma Seeds’ available through ‘Amma Service Centres’ across the state, executing an announcement made in the Tamil Nadu Assembly in 2014 for farmers’ welfare.
- Aim: To provide quality seeds and to encourage farmers to use certified seeds.
- Earlier schemes: Amma Canteens providing subsidised food and Amma mineral water.
- Nodal Body: Tamil Nadu State Seeds Development Agency
- Fund of Rs5.37 crore towards expanding a scheme for urban citizens to grow vegetables at home to Tiruchirappalli and Madurai.
Jayalalithaa launches ‘Amma Call Centre’ for grievance redressal
- Tamil Nadu Chief J Jayalalithaa launched a round-the-clock call centre for ensuring fast response to grievances.
- Aim: Ensuring quick response to people’s grievances wherein they can dial toll-free number ‘1100’ at any point of time in the day.
“Nai Manzil” Scheme Launched in Jammu and Kashmir
- Nai Manzil Scheme is an integrated Education and Livelihood Initiative for the Minority Communities.
- It was announced by the Union Budget 2015-16.
- Girls from minority communities will be imparted three month skill development training in seven identified sectors relevant to the region under the scheme.
- These include training in saffron processing, food processing, embroidery, computers IT, Tourism/hospitality, electronics and plumbing.
Giriputrika Kalyana Pathakam Scheme launched by AP Government
- Andhra Pradesh Government has launched Giriputrika Kalyana Pathakam Scheme to
- support the tribal women in their quest for livelihood. The scheme seeks to reduce rampant infant mortality and child marriages among tribal people.
Highlights of Scheme:
- The scheme is designed to provide a one time financial assistance of 50,000 rupees to each tribal woman who gets married.
- The amount will be directly disbursed to the bank accounts of the beneficiary through District Tribal Welfare Office.
Government Schemes – February 2016
Central Government Schemes
Govt praises MGNREGA as scheme completes 10 years
- The Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGA) has completed its ten years of achievement. The total government part to the herald of Mahatma Gandhi NREGA is about three-quarters of US$15 billion.
- It was launched in June 2006 by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’ as per the Article 41 of the Indian Constitution.
- MGNREGA is an Indian labor law and social security measure.
- It was launched in June 2006 by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh with aims to guarantee the ‘right to work’ as per the Article 41 of the Indian Constitution.
- Job-card holders are provided with a 150 days of work under MGNREGA
PMKVY completes 10 lakh enrolments under Skill India
- The front runner programme of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship,Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) has completed 10 lakh enrolments.
- As per the recent announcement, there are 10, 28,671 enrolments under 382 active job roles out of which 70% have already completed their trainings.
- The scheme has been implemented by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in all over Indian covering 596 districts and 531 constituencies. To educate and encourage the youth to avail the scheme, 410 Kaushal Vikas Shivirs were conducted across the country.
- States with maximum enrolment under scheme – UttarPradesh, Tamil Nadu,Madhya Pradesh, West Bengal and Andhra Pradesh
Vasundhara Raje launches ‘school on wheels’ for nomadic, tribal children
- Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje launched the mobile ‘library-cum-school on wheels’.It was set up by an NGO, Tabar Society.
- Aim: To spread awareness about education among the nomadic and tribal children.
About SOW :
- The van will move around in Jaipur district, including villages of Luniawas and Goner area.
- It will raise awareness among the nomadic children, especially from ‘Gardiya Lohar’ and ‘Ghumantu’ community (nomads), by exhibiting short audio/videos inspiring stories using a projector, Paliwal.
Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports released funds under TOP Scheme
- Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports has released funds under its ambitious Target Olympic Podium Scheme (TOPS).
- Ministry has initiated the TOPS under the National Sports Development Fund (NSDF). It aimed to identify athletes who are potential medal winners in Olympics and to provide them support for preparation for Olympics.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana’s guidelines released at Kisan Mela
- To underline the Govt’s initiative for the development of the agriculture sector and welfare of farmers, PM Narendra Modi addressed farmers at a Kisan Kalyan Mela at Sehore in Madhya Pradesh.
- During the occasion, PM also released guidelines for operationalisation of the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana, a scheme for crop insurance.
Key features of Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- The scheme will come into effect from the upcoming Kharif season.
- Under this scheme, farmers will have to pay a uniform premium 2% for Kharif crops and5% for Rabi crops.
- The premium for annual commercial and horticultural crops will be 5%.
- There is no upper limit on the Government’s subsidy for this scheme. The provision of capping the premium rate, which existed in earlier schemes, and resulted in low claims being paid to farmers, has been done away with.
- Farmers will get claims against the full sum insured, without any reduction.
- The Prime Minister also distributed soil health cards and crop insurance settlement claims to select beneficiaries.
PM Initiates Rurban Mission
- PM Narendra Modi launched the Shyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission which is an initiative to transform the rural areas to get an urban look.
- Started in Dongargarh near chattisgarh
- To attract 5100 crore investment
- Scheme divided into 300 clusters in next 3 years
- An initiative to create smart villages and to improve the quality of life in villages
- Started in Dongargarh near chattisgarh
- To attract 5100 crore investment
- Scheme divided into 300 clusters in next 3 years and 100 clusters to be implemented in this year
- Gram panchayat a cluster has 25000 to 50000 population and Tribal and Hilly areas a cluster has 5000-10000 population
- 4 clusters in Rajnandgaon, Dhamatri, Kawardha and Bastar districts of Chattisgarh. It replaces PURA scheme of UPA government
- Electronic manufacturing cluster started in Naya Raipur with 2000 crores investment.30% Of the project fund provided as Critical Gap Funding
- SLOGAN- “RURAL SOUL, URBAN AMENITIES”
Cabinet nod to Atal Innovation Mission
- Atal Innovation Mission and Self Employment Talent Utilization are being set up National Institution for Transforming India and will have Headquarter in New Delhi.
- AIM of the Mission: An innovation Promotion Platform that involves Academics, Entrepreneurs, and Researchers possessing national and international Experiences to foster a Culture of Innovation, R&D in India.
- Decision has been taken by Union cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narandra Modi and the Mission would be guided by Mission High Level .
- AIM and SETU under NITI to come up with Rs 500 Crore and 1, 000 crore respectively as stated in Budget Speech 2015- 2016 by finance minister.
- NITI Aayog established an Export Committee on Innovation and Entrepreneurship to work out detailed forms of AIM and SETU by the chairmanship of Tarun Khanna Professor at Harvard University.
37 more countries to get e-tourist VISA
- The government will extend the e-tourist VISA to 37 more countries .At present Indian Government offers two VISA’s to tourists namely traditional tourist VISA and e-VISA
- An e-VISA or electronic VISA is something which does not have a stamp or label
- Currently 113 countries are given e-VISA
- This scheme was introduced by the government on November 27,2014
Points to note
- An e-VISA or electronic VISA is something which does not have a stamp or label
- Currently 113 countries are given e-VISA
- This scheme was introduced by the government on November 27,2014
- With the addition of 37 more nations the beneficiaries will be 150 countries on a total
- The 37 more countries included in the e-TV scheme are Albania, Austria, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Botswana, Brunei, Bulgaria, Cape Verde, Comoros, Cote d’lvoire, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Eritrea, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Greece, Guinea, Iceland, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Moldova, Namibia, Romania, San Marino, Senegal, Serbia, Slovakia, South Africa, Swaziland, Switzerland, Tajikistan, Trinidad & Tobago, Zambia and Zimbabwe Around 5 lakh VISA’s have been given since the launch of the scheme from 2014 .3500 international e-VISA’s are given daily.The scheme is available at 16 Indian airport.
Newly named DAY-NULM extended to all Urban Local Bodies
- National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) which is now renamed as “Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana-NULM” and in Hindi as “Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana- Rashtriya Shahri Aajeevika Mission” has been enlarged to the 4,041 statutory urban local bodies by government.
- Tamil Nadu is having the highest number of towns (681) to be covered under DAY- NULM.
- Currently, only 40 cities are implementing this pro-poor scheme.
Components of DAY-NULM:
Employment through Skill Training and Placement –
- An expenditure of Rs. 15, 000 per person is allowed on training of urban poor which is Rs. 18, 000 in North-East and J&K.
Social Mobilisation and Institution Development –
- It will be done through formation of Self-Help Groups for training members and hand holding, an initial support of 10, 000 is given for each group. Assistance of 50, 000 is provided to Registered Area Level Federations.
Subsidy to urban poor –
- An interest subsidy of 5% – 7% for setting up individual micro-enterprises with a loan of up to 2 lakh and for group enterprises with a loan limit of up to Rs. 10 lakhs.
Shelters for urban homeless –
- Cost of construction of shelters for urban homeless is fully funded under the Scheme with each such shelter accommodating at least 50 homeless.
Other means –
- Urban poor will be helped through setting up infrastructure for street vendors and innovative and special projects for rag pickers, differently abled etc.
Atal Pension Yojana eligible for same tax benefits as National Pension System
- Atal Pension Yojana which replaced the National Pension System now will be eligible for the tax benefits as it was provided for National Pension System.
- The Tax benefits comes with additional deduction of 50,000 introduced in the last year budget.
- Since the launch in June 2015 the Scheme It has gained 20 Lakh beneficiaries which is open to Indians aged between 18 and 40 and minimum tenure of 20 years.
- The key feature of the scheme is the government will contribute 50% for a period of five years to the subscribers who joins before 31 March 2016.Tax payers will not come in the ambit of the scheme.
PMKVY Funds for Punjab
- UPA government’s Flagship Scheme Pradhan Mandhiri KushalVikasYojana in complementary to the Prime Minister Make in India Campaign to envisage the skilled labour to the Nation.
- It was launched on 15th July 2015, that provides training to the Youths and in the completion of the training they will certified and monetary award through Direct Benefit transfer (DBT).
- The Scheme implemented through Public Private Partnership (PPP) model by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) and all the 29 States and 6 Union Territories will come under the ambit of the scheme.
- Punjab being one the Beneficiary cities that enrolled 45, 544 candidates of which 31, 221 of them trained and 1, 205 Candidates have got employment.
- Under the scheme 7, 174 candidates of Punjab has awarded whooping monetary award of 6, 54, 62,500 – through DBT.
State Government Schemes
Maharashtra announces Babasaheb Ambedkar Special Group Incentives Scheme
- Maharashtra State Cabinet had announced the Babasaheb Ambedkar Special group Incentive Scheme for the economically backward Dalit entrepreneurs.
- The scheme aimed to providing special facilities to Dalit entrepreneurs besides the present group Incentive Scheme 2013.
- The scheme provides 20 per cent plots are reserved for the Dalits in small and medium scale industries with Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC).
- Under this scheme only one member of the family will be eligible for loan and start up Unit till get an additional 10 pc incentive.
Chhattisgarh govt launches Udyam Aakansha scheme to promote SMEs
- Chhattisgarh CM Raman Singh has launched ‘Udyam Aakansha’ Scheme for promoting micro, small and medium enterprises in the state.
- Objective: To promoting the ease of doing business.
About Udyam Aakansha scheme:
- The Udyam Aakansha scheme would facilitate free online registration and selfcertification to the investors interested in investment on micro, small and medium enterprises and service businesses.
- The investors can enroll themselves online through website of the Industries department which will be based on self-certification process.
- For the online registration, investors need not submit any documents nor have to pay any fee.
Jayalalithaa announces ‘Amma Kudineer Thittam’
- Jayalalithaa the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu had announced ‘Amma Kudineer Thittam’ a new scheme for supplying drinking water.
- Under the Scheme the govt will supply the water to those who cannot afford to buy purified drinking water from private players.
- Under the first phase of the scheme water supplying points will be established.
- The family of poor people is provided with 20 liters of pure water every day.
- Smart cards will be issued to beneficiaries
West Bengal government launched Utkarsh Bangla Scheme for school-dropouts
- West Bengal government had launched the Utkarsh Bangla Scheme for school dropouts at the Netaji Indoor Stadium in Kolkata.The aim of the scheme is to give vocational training to school dropouts.
- The scheme was launched by the Chief Minister of Kolkata and awards were given to the national and state level winners for excellence in skill development.
- The scheme every youth will get training ranging from 400 to 1200 hours.
- Free vocational training will be provided to the school-dropouts for tailoring, driving, repairing television and other electronic equipment and beauty courses etc.
Odisha Government to introduce self-certifying scheme for industries to set up units
- Odisha government had introduced a self-certifying scheme for non-hazardous industries to set up units.
- It aims to simplicity the process of doing business in Odisha at the initial level.
- This is a self-certifying scheme for non-hazardous industries.
- The decision for the scheme was taken by Chief Secretary AP Padhi at a high level summit.
Tamil Nadu announces free bus travel for senior citizens
- Tamil Nadu government had announced free bus travel for senior citizens in Chennai metropolitan areas.
- To gain the benefits of the scheme person has to fill an application form and submit it to transport authorities for the tokens.
- Free bus passes will be provided to the senior citizens
- Ten tokens are given to the person for a month.
Bihar-The Sixth State To Enter Into Uday Scheme
- UDAY (Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana) is a tripartite memorandum between Bihar government, state Discoms and the Power ministry for the revival of debt ridden state distribution utilities to save 9000 crores.
Points to note
- Bihar is the sixth state to join this UDAY scheme
- It is the second Non-UPA state after Uttar Pradesh to join this scheme
- It will help the debt ridden distribution system of the state to save 9000 crores in the next 3 years
- The total debt is of 3110 crores out of which the state government will bear 2332 crores
Karnataka announces housing scheme for Transgenders
- Karnataka government has announced housing scheme for transgenders who have been facing rejection in the society
- Bengaluru development minister K J George announced the scheme which has around 600 houses built in the extension of the city for transgenders
- This has been built in 50 acres land
- The Bengaluru Urban Administration has been asked to come up with a blueprint
Government Schemes – March 2016
Central Government Schemes
MOEFCC Has Classified Industries Based On Colour Based Index
- The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (MoEFCC) has released a new Four-colour Classification Scheme for industries based on their pollution level.
- The four-colour classification scheme of industrial sectors based on the Pollution Index (PI) which is a function of the Emissions (air pollutants)
- PI score of 60 and above. These are severe polluting industries. It includes sugar, thermal power plants, paints
- PI score of 41 to 59. They moderately polluting industries. It includes coal, automobile servicing and washeries
- PI score of 21 to 40. They are significantly low polluting industries. Totally there are 63 industries in it.
- PI score below and upto 20. They are non-polluting industries. These industries do not require Environmental clearance for their functioning
PM selects Nagepur village in Varanasi for development under SAGY
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi Selects his own Varanasi constituency village Nagepur for development under Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana.
- This Village Nagepur selected after Jayapur village of the same constituency is going to be adopted by the Prime Minister’s in order to develop India.
Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Ujjwal Yojana
- The cabinet approved the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwal Yojana– a scheme for providing LPG to households Below Poverty Line.
- The scheme is estimated at the cost of 8000 crores
- The scheme will benefit five crore families below poverty line
- It ensures a financial support of Rs 1600 for each LPG connection to the BPL households
- This Scheme would be implemented over three years, namely, the FY 2016-17, 201718 and 2018-19
NITI Aayog launches Women Transforming India Campaign
- The NITI Aayog as a part of International Women’s Day launched the Women Transforming India initiative in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov.
Empowerment through essays:
- NITI Aayog seeks for entries in the form of written essays/stories. These stories should reflect new ground broken by women in empowering themselves/others, or of challenging stereotypes.
Features of the Campaign
- To encourage and recognize women
- To encourage the stories of change fostered through the setting up of small businesses/enterprises
- To identify successes in leading change achieved either through the use of technology or by employing innovating on-ground
LED based lighting programme named UJALA(Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All)
- In an effort to promote measures that can save energy the Union government launches various programmes.One such important initiative is to provide LED lamps to households and promote its usage to save energy. The new scheme of LED based lighting has been named UJALA.
About UJALA Programme:
- ‘UJALA’ is the name given for the LED based Domestic Efficient Lighting Programme (DELP)
- DELP is successfully implemented across 120 cities in India
- This scheme is implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited
- PM Narendra Modi launched the scheme to provide LED’s in January 2016
- It targets to replace 77 crores of incandescent lamps with energy saving LED’s
- UJALA is successfully running across 12 states in India namely Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Karnataka, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh, Delhi, Andhra Pradesh, Puducherry, Jharkhand, Bihar and Uttarakhand
RUSA Scheme to be implemented to improve Equity, Quality of Higher Education
- An initiative to improve the Quality of Higher education in India by implementing RUSA scheme which was started in 2013 was in news again with the Minister of HRD providing information about the scheme in the Lower house.
- RUSA- Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan
- Aim –To provide strategic funding to eligible state higher educational institutions
- National Mission Authority, Project Approval Board and the National Project Directorate at the centre and the State Higher Education Council and State Project Directorate at the state level
Funding for RUSA
- The central funding in the ratio of 65:35 for general category States and 90:10 for special category states
- The funding will be given by the Union Human Resources Ministry through the state governments/union territories to the State Higher Education Councils
Union government mobilizes 370 crore for Swachh Bharat Khosh
- Narendra Modi’s government launched the Swachh Bharat campaign in October, 2014.Since then various initiatives have been taken by the government to improve the cleanliness of the nation. As a part of it, the fund for Swachh Bharat Khosh is mobilized with 370 crores by the government.
Swachh Bharat Khosh-
- It is a fund created to support the various cleanliness programmes across the nation
Fund collected :
- 365 crores from Corporates and 5.95 lakhs from individuals and total fund as on January 31 is 369.74 crores
Projects funded under the scheme:
- The funds are used for achieving the objective of improving cleanliness levels in rural and urban areas including in schools.
- For construction of toilets funds to the extent of Rs 359 crore have been released to various state level implementing agencies during December 2014 to January 2016.
Central Government amends Atal Pension Yojana(APY)
- Central Government has amended Atal Pension Yojana (APY) to give an option to the spouse to continue to contribute for balance period on premature death of the subscriber.
- According to the amendment, the spouse of the subscriber shall be entitled to receive the same pension amount as that of the subscriber until the death of the spouse.
- After the death of both the subscriber and the spouse, the nominee of the subscriber shall be entitled to receive the pension wealth, as accumulated till age of 60 years of the subscriber.
Wages of NREGS hiked by 6%
- The Union government has proposed to hike the wages of NREGS workers by 6%. They have dropped the new wage calculation formula.
- The government appointed a committee to revise the wage calculation formula for the MGNREGA workers
- According to the new recommendations, the wages will be calculated on CPI-rural index
- The current scheme of wages is based on the agricultural labour index
- It is said by officials that the new scheme will help the workers to combat with the spiking prices due to inflation
- However this will cost an additional 2000 crore rupees for the government
- Hence hey have dropped the new wage scheme and hiked the wages by 6%
Arun Jaitley Launches Fasal Bima Yojana
- The Union government’s scheme to revamp the farmers by providing crop insurance known as the Fasal Bima Yojana and Unified Package Insurance scheme was launched by the Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
Importance of the scheme
- Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana- It is an insurance scheme for the farmers which provide relief to the farmers when crops are affected by Natural calamities
- It is different from the other schemes in that it provides a higher sum compared to other insurance schemes and also it requires low premium
- Hence this scheme is in complete interests of the farmers
Cabinet approves Udaan scheme till 2019-20
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs, led by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval for extension of time period of the Udaan Scheme for Jammu & Kashmir till 2019 20 from the earlier time period of 2015-16.
- Udaan is a national integration scheme with the goal to mainstream J&K youth with rest of the country and targeting to train and enhance employability of 40,000 graduates, post graduates and three year engineering diploma holders, will be achieved by 2019-20.
Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana
- As announced by the president during his Presidential address in 2014 Independence Day speech, the Housing for all scheme has been approved by the cabinet.
Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana
- This scheme intends to provide houses for all people in the rural area
- Under this scheme, incentive will be given by the government to build Pucca house
- Financial assistance of 1,20,000 in plain areas and 1,30,000 in hill areas will be given to all houseless and people those who live in dilapidated houses
- The scheme proposes to build 1 crore houses in the year 2016-17 to2018-19
- The cost will be shared between the centre and states in the ratio of 60:40 in plain areas
- For north eastern and Hilly areas, the ratio will be 90:10
- The total fund allotted for 2017-19 is 81795 crores
- The beneficiary is entitled to 90 days of unskilled labour from MGNREGA. This will be ensured through a server linkage between PMAY and MGNREGA.
State Government Schemes
Food Security Scheme implemented in 47 districts in UP
- Akhilesh Yadav led Uttar Pradesh government to implement Food Security Act 2013 in 47 more districts of the state.
- With this the entire state of 75 districts will come under the ambit of the food scheme, UP government having launched this Act in 28 districts from January 1this year.
- The beneficiaries will get subsidized food grains, including wheat at a rate of Rs. 2 and the rice at a rate of Rs. 3 per kg. Each beneficiary will be allowed to get 5 Kg per month.
- The scheme to cover to benefit more than 1.64 crore people in around 40 lakh households.
Punjab Becomes Seventh State To Sign Up For UDAY
- Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) is the financial package and the turnaround and revival package for electricity distribution companies of India (DISCOMs) initiated by the Government of India to support them overcome the financial turmoil they are in.
- Punjab has become the seventh state to join the scheme. Therefore, it will be able to handle a debt of 20,838 crores and revive the power sector of the state.
Haryana launches ‘Adapting homes for the differently-abled’ scheme.
- Haryana launched a new scheme, under which six months’ pension would be given in advance to persons with disabilities for adapting their homes as per their requirement. This amount would be recovered over a period of 42 months under the ‘Adapting homes for the differently-abled’ scheme.
Other Schemes for PWD persons:
- Haryana has also been selected by the Centre as a pilot State for universal ID for persons with disability, for which work has already been started.
- Gurgaon and Faridabad districts have been selected for the ‘Accessible India’ campaign for persons with disabilities.
Karnataka launches Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana for free treatment to accident victims
- Karnataka Government led by Chief Minister Siddaramaiah launched Mukhyamantri Santwana Harish Yojana for free treatment to accident victims for the first 48 hours in the nearest hospital be it Government or Private Hospital.
- The accident victims treatment scheme Mukhyamantri Scheme Harish Yojana has been named after Nanjappa who donated his eyes minutes before he passes away seeking help after severely injured in a mishap in the city.
Santwana Harish Yojana Highlights:
- The Scheme emphasizes to provide immediate medical relief would be provided to the victim during the Golden Hour with financial aid up to Rs. 25, 000 during the first two days.
- The Accident Victims could be treated in nearest government or Private hospital.
Haryana to join UDAY scheme
- Seven states have already joined the UDAY(Ujwal Discom Assurance Yojana) scheme which is an initiative to clear the debts of the state run power distribution companies.
- Need of UDAY- It is a scheme for restructuring debt of power distribution companies (discoms) in the state.
- The power discoms in the state had a total debt of Rs 34,500 crore, of which the state government would take over Rs 25,000 crore in two tranches
- In the first tranche, the state will take over Rs17,000 crore debt in 2016-17
- Rs 8,000 crore will be taken over before September 2018
- The actual transfer would happen over five years. The grant component would be 20 per cent, while the remaining would be debt.
- Non-statutory liquidity ratio bonds would be issued against the 80 per cent debt for which the distribution companies would have to pay an interest of 8.5-nine per cent against 12.5-13 per cent, which is normally paid.
- The state discoms stand to gain Rs 8,000 crore from the scheme
Government Schemes – April 2016
Central Government Schemes
Special Home for Widows launched under “Swadhar Greh scheme”
- The Union Minister for Women & Child Development Maneka Sanjay Gandhi initiated a project of construction of a special Home for 1000 widows at Vrindavan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- It has been set up under the “Swadhar Greh Scheme” of the WCD Ministry.
- Outlay – 57 Crores (including cost of the land)
- The shelter Home at Vrindavan has a capacity to house 1000 women and is being constructed on1.424 hectare of land through National Building Construction Corporation (NBCC). The design of the Home has been prepared in consultation with Help Age India.
NaMo ushered in “Stand Up India” scheme
- In order to promote entrepreneurship, Prime Minister Narendra Modi initiated the “Stand up India scheme” and a Web portal for the scheme in Noida, Uttar Pradesh.
Here are the key features of “Stand up India scheme”
- Composite advance between 10 lakh and upto 100 lakh, comprehensive of working capital component for setting up a new enterprise.
- RuPay Debit Card for drawal of working capital.
- Credit history of the borrower to be developed.
- Refinance window through Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) with an initial amount of 10, 000 crore.
- Creation of a corpus of 5,000 crore for credit guarantee through NCGTC.
- Handholding support for borrowers with far reaching support for pre loan preparing needs, encouraging credit, advertising and so forth.
- Web Portal for online registration and support services.
- The process would be led by SIDBI along with Dalit Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (DICCI). The workplaces of SIDBI and National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) might be assigned Stand Up Connect Centers (SUCC).
Shri Piyush Goyal Launched Schemes for Distribution of Energy Efficient SAprt Agriculture Pumps & Fans in Andhra Pradesh
- Union Power Minister PiyushGoyal with Chandrababu Naidu, Chief Minister Andhra Pradesh to launch two schemes in Vijayawada , Andhra Pradesh, In order to make country more energy efficient.
The Schemes namely
- National Energy Efficient Agriculture Pumps Programme,
- National Energy Efficient Fan Programme.
- These Schemes will be implemented by Energy Efficiency Services Limited under Power ministry.
Energy Efficient Agriculture Pumps Programme:
- The initiative will help farmers in changing energy guzzlers age-old agricultural pumps with the new-age energy efficient agricultural pumps, with a 5-Star Rating.
- These pumps will come enabled with sAprt control panel and a SIM card, giving farmers the flexibility to switch-on and switch-off these pumps from their mobile phones and from the comfort of their homes.
Energy Efficient Fan Programme:
- Two ceiling fans can be bought on one electricity bill from domestic category consumers only. Energy Efficient Ceiling Fans of 5-star rating 50 Watts will be provided at Rs 60 a month on EMI basis and Rs. 1250/- on upfront basis.
- This means, a consumer can recover the cost of this energy-efficient ceiling fan in less than 2 years. While these energy-efficient ceiling fans will cost Rs 1440/- to a consumer who uses the instalment method, for those who can pay upfront can buy this fan for Rs 1250.
Centre releases Rs 12,230 crore for MGNREGA
- Ministry of Rural Development has released a central share of Rs. 12,230 Crore to the States in connection with the implementation of its flagship programme Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act. This is the biggest amount for the scheme released in one go by the ministry.
- The Minister also underlined that this fund release will take care of the pending wage liability of the States for the previous Financial Year (2015-16) and help the States to run the Programme during the new Financial Year (2016-17).
Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi launched Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme in additional 61 districts
- In addition to the existing 100 districts of the country with low child sex ratio, now it is extended for additional 61 districts which was launched by Smt Maneka Sanjay Gandhi, Union Minister of women and Child Development.
Government merges Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan with Khelo India
- The Union Government has merged Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan with Khelo India. They merged another two sport projects which were launched during UPA Government
- Urban Sports Infrastructure Scheme (USIS)
- National Sports Talent Search Scheme (N-STSS)
- During the 2016-17 budget Rs 140 crore allocated for the above projects
About Rajiv Gandhi Khel Abhiyan
- Congress led launched the scheme named after former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi. Launched by: Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi and then Sports Miniter Jitendra Singh Founded in: 2014
- Features: The scheme is launched to replaced Panchayat Yuva Krida aur Khel Abiyan (PYKKA) was brainchild of Mani Shankar Aiyar
- Aim: To Construct Sports Complexes in each block and exclusively both for outdoor and indoor sports discipline for 5 years.
Union government allots Rs. 800 crore to clean up polluted lakes in garden city
- Union government has pledged to provide Rs. 800 crore under AMRUT scheme to rejuvenate lakes especially the Bellandur Lake the largest and most polluted water body in
- Bengaluru which was once known for its interconnected lake systems which provided a reliable source of water has seen major issues with the lakes in past few years.
UDAY bonds fetch Rs. 99,000 crore
- Eight states have issued bonds worth over Rs.98,959.96 crore under UDAY(Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana)scheme in 2015-16 which was unveiled by Piyush Goyal, Minister of State (IC) for Power, Coal & New and Renewable Energy in November 2015.
- Aim of UDAY : To improve operational and financial efficiency of state power distribution companies.
- The special bonds (non-SLR special securities) issued by RBI
- These securities have been issued by the state governments under the Government Securities Act, 2006
Under the scheme,
- Rajasthan issued Rs 37,349 croreUttar Pradesh issued Rs 24,332 crore,
- Chhattisgarh issued Rs 870 crore, Punjab issued Rs 9,860 crore, Jammu &
- Kashmir issued Rs 2,140 crore,Bihar issued Rs 1,551 crore, Jharkhand issued Rs 5,553 crore and Haryana issued Rs 17,300 crore
Sports Ministry to provide Rs 1 lakh per month to Rio-bound athletes
- Union Sports Ministry has decided to provide Rs. One lakh per month as Out of Pocket allowance to the sports persons under the Target Olympic Podium(TOP) scheme.
- TOP scheme is an initiative of Union Sports Ministry under which sports persons are funded by the government for top class training as part of their preparations for the Games.
Union Government approves Rs. 9,005 Crore Investment for affordable housing in three states – Maharashtra, Punjab and Jammu & Kashmir
- Union Government nods Rs.9,005 crore investment in reasonable housing of 73,205 houses in 3 States for Economically Weaker sections under Prime Minister’s Awas Yojana
- 3 States: Maharashtra, Punjab and J&K
- Sanctioned by: Nandita Chatterjee, Secretary (HUPA)
- Committee: Inter Ministerial Central Screening & Monitoring Committee
- The first affordable housing sanctions of these three States sanctioned under PMAY (Urban).
LED Bulb Ujala Yojana inaugurated in Bhopal
- Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal jointly inaugurated UrjaDaksh LED Bulb UjalaYojana in Bhopal.
- Under this scheme over 3 crore LED bulbs would be distributed all over the State at Rs 85 per bulb.
- The bulb would be of 9 watt, but it would illuminate like 100 watt bulb. It will come with replacement warrantee of 3 years. Its minimum working capacity is 30,000 hours.
- It will be saving of 91 percent of power also saving25 to 30 unit every year. In other words one could have saving of Rs 150 to Rs 180 in a year.
State Government Schemes
Anandiben Patel launches ‘Maa Annapurna Yojna’
- Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel launched the state-wide implementation of Centre’s National Food Security Act, which has been renamed as Maa Annapurna Yojna by the state government.
- Under the scheme, a beneficiary holding the Annapurna card will receive wheat at Rs 2 per kilo and rice at Rs 3 per kilo. Currently, Above Poverty Line (APL) card holding families are entitled to a monthly stock of 2.5 kg wheat per member of the family at Rs 7.70 per kg.
Jharkhand Government launched Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana for widows
- Yojana: Bhimrao Ambedkar Awas Yojana
- Launched for: Widows
- Behalf of: 125 th birth anniversary of B R Ambedkar
Special Features of the Programme:
- A target of 11,000 units (houses) has been set in the current financial year for the programme, he said adding Rs 80 crore has been earAprked in the budget for it.
- Rs 75,000 would be granted to build a house in districts in hilly terrains and Rs 70,000 in plains in three installments
- The widows would also get pension
Uttarakhand joins “UDAY” scheme
- Uttarakhand has become the 10th state to join the Centre’s scheme for revival of debt stressed power distribution companies. An overall net benefit of about Rs 962 crore would accrue to the state.
- The GOI, Uttarakhand and Uttarakhand Power Corporation (UPCL) signed MoU under the UDAY scheme.
Coastal circuit project in Goa gets Centres nod
- Union government has approved Goa’s coastal circuit project under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme, Goa will soon be allocated funds for development projects to be undertaken in the first phase along its coastal belt.
- A Sum of Rs. 99.99 crores of has been given by the central assistance is a record highest allocation received by Goa Tourism since 2010.
- Goa was the first among the seven states to be considered for funding under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme by the Central.
J&K govt announces Mufti Sayeed Food Entitlement Scheme
- Jammu & Kashmir cabinet in its maiden meeting under the Chief Ministership of Mehbooba Mufti announced to launch Mufti Mohammad Sayeed Food Entitlement Scheme (MMSFES) to supplement the National Food Security Act (NFSA)from July 1, 2016.
- Under this scheme, all those persons who are covered under the State’s public distribution system will get additional 5 kgs of ration per person in addition to 5 kgs of ration they are entitled to get under NFSA.
Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana notified by Haryana Government
- Haryana government has notified the Affordable Plotted Housing Policy 2016 for low and medium standard towns under Deen Dayal Jan Awas Yojana.
- This is to achieve the goal of providing houses for all which will facilitate creation of additional affordable housing stock in the low and medium potential towns of the state.
Government Schemes – May 2016
Central Government Schemes
- Prime Minister Launches Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana at Ballia on May 1st 2016 Prime Minister launches Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana atBallia to provide 5 crore Cooking gas connections to beneficiaries in three years
- Aim: To provide cooking gas connections to 5 crore below-poverty-line beneficiaries over the next three years.
- Venue: Ballia, Uttar Pradesh
Prime Minister Speech
- On the Labour Day, He encouraged all workers across the world should work towards unity.
- Union Government’s primary prime focus on welfare of the poor
- He mentioned the Shram Suvidha Portal, and the Labour Identity Number given to all employers
- He recalled that Ballia is the land of the revolutionary Mangal Pandey, and added that development of Eastern Uttar Pradesh has suffered for decades and being strengthened
Prime Minister Narendra Modi to launch Rs. 8000 Crore Scheme for Free LPG connections to poor
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched Rs. 8,000 crore scheme to provide 5 crore free LPG connections to Below Poverty Line (BPL) using the money saved from 1.13 crore cooking gas users pledge on “Give it Up” compaign.
- Seeks to voluntarily surrender cooking gas subsidies for one year was launched in January, 2015.
States and their Give It Up users
- Maharashtra – 16.44 lakh
- Uttar Pradesh – 13 lakh
- Delhi – 7.26 lakh
- Gujarat – 4.2 lakh
- Odisha – 1.3 lakh
Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, Delhi, Karnataka and Tamil Nadu – half of the people given up LPG subsidies Entitlements:
- 12 cylinders of 14.2 kg each or 34 bottles of 5 kg each in a year at subsidised rates Finance Minister Arun Jaitley mentioned in the Budget for 2016-17 provided Rs 2000 crore to provide deposit free LPG connections to 1.5 crore women belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) families.
Swachh Bharat Mission funds released in Punjab to achieve clean India Mission
- Union Government released the funds under various sections of Swachh Bharat Mission to enhance the quality of Sanitation of Urban areas of Punjab state
- Funds Sanctioned: 16 Crore 79 Lakh Rupees
- of Municipal Corporation City: 9 except Ludhiana Corporation *Ludhiana funded under Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission
- The funded amounts are the first Installment of the Solid Waste Management
- Union Government has allocated 221 Crore Rupees to achieve the mission till October, 2019
- Punjab Government has framed a technical committee to finalise the requirements of local bodies.
- The funds will be allocated to the other Municipal Council and Nagar Panchayats on subsequent Phases.
- The Funds will also enhance the ongoing cluster lever projects for Municipal Solid Waste Management of Urban Local Bodies of Punjab on Public Private Partnership for 25 years
Under the Solid Waste Management program, the project has been divided into eight clusters
- GMADA – Greater Mohali Area Development Authority
- Out of the eight clusters, 3 clusters are in implementation stage while 5 cluster are in development stage
Centre to relax PMGSY norms in Arunachal
- Union government has agreed to relax the norms in Pradhan Mantri Gram Sadak Yojana to boost rural road connectivity for landlocked hilly Arunachal Pradesh state.
- The Union minister for Rural Development Minister Birender Singh gave his nod for relaxation on population norm for faster road connectivity.
- The state demanded long span bridges up to 200 metres on the rivers of Siang, Subansiri, Kameng, Lohit and Dibang.
- The Union Minister agreed to consider the same for which a technical team from the Ministry would visit the areas to assess the requirements and suggest appropriate technology.
- Centre has agreed to enhance the allocation under PMGSY during RE (Revised Estimate) stage at the request of the CM Kalikho Pul from Rs 468 crore to 1100 crore during the current year in view of the enhanced target of constructing roads 1000 kms in the state.
Govt releases Rs 9,367 cr under MGNREGA to drought-hit states
- Union government has released 9,367 crore to drought-hit States under MGNREGA in 201617, the Parliament was informed by the Union Agriculture Minister Radha Mohan Singh.
- Centre also relaxed norms under the Scheme to make available additional employment of 50 daysper household over and above the 100 days inareas affected by natural calamities during 2015-16.
Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act:
- MGNREGA is enacted under Indian legislation on 2005. It is the flagship programme of the UPA Government that directly touches lives of the poor and promotes inclusive growth.
- The Scheme aims to enhance livelihood security in rural areas by providing at least 100 daysof wage employment in a year to every household whose adult members volunteer to do unskilled manual work.
Uma Bharti Launches Rural Sanitation Initiatives for Ganga Rejuvenation in Jharkhand
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Uma Bhartiinitiated nine projects for rural sanitation projects under Namami Gange Programme for conservation of river Ganga
- Venue: River Gange in Sahibganj, Jharkhand
SPEECHES BY MINISTER:
- 83 Km. stretch of Ganga in Jharkhand will be sheltered under this programme
Focus on three significant intrusions
- Establishment of safe, individual hygiene practices to ensure open defecation free status of all 78 villages along the river Ganga
- Promotion of cost-effective, appropriate local, low cost, easy to manage technologies using local resources to ensure improved access, sustained use and maintenance of infrastructure created for effective management of solid and liquid waste.
- Strengthening of local institutions including panchayats, village level sanitation committees and self-help groups to effectively manage, enhance and maintain facilities established for enhanced sanitation in the villages
Aim of the projects
- Improve the health and quality of life of around 45,000 households located in these 78 villages of the Ganga River basin in Jharkhandthrough enhanced sanitation practices
- Developing the quality of waste water and storm water runoff flowing
- 78 units will be established in project villages for collection, storage and composting of degradable solid waste and for setting up small enterprises for non-biodegradable materials
- 5,460 households will be supported for adoption of composting facilities using vermin composting for productive use of animal and agro-waste
- 1,860 households will be supported for adoption of biogas plants to facilitate safe disposal of animal waste
- Eight village level crematoriums and 32 bathing Ghats will be constructed along with 40 community toilets
- 10,000 soak pits will be constructed through community participation to safely contain and dispose surplus and waste water emerging from households and community managed hand pumps
- Construction of 152,000 meters of open channel drains in project villages to ensure speedy and safe disposal of domestic waste and storm water runoff and construction and refurbishment of 92 community ponds to enable bio-treatment and safe disposal of domestic waste and storm water runoff will also be taken up.
Tollywood superstar Mahesh Babu adopts AP village
- Telugu film actor Mahesh Babu has adopted a village inAndhra Pradesh’s Guntur district village Burripalemunder the Smart Village-Smart Ward The actor also launched several development works worth about Rs 2.14 crore.
- The financial grant of Rs 2.14 crore used for the construction of an Anganwadi building, a community hall, additional classrooms in the local school, laying of water pipelines, development of roads and drains in the village.
Smart Village-Smart Ward:
- Smart Village-Smart Ward iniative of Andhra Pradesh aims for inclusive growth of villages with mutual cooperation between villagers and corporate.
- Kuchipudi is the Andhra Pradesh best-known classical dance form.
Amit Shah inaugurates 2nd phase of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in Gujarat
- Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) national president Amit Shah will inaugurate the second phase of Pradhan mantri Ujjwala Yojana at Dahod district of Gujarat.
- In the second phase of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the free LPG connection will be given to BPL families in tribal district of Dahod.
- This scheme was launched the scheme in Uttar Pradesh on May 1. It aims to provide free LPG connections to about five crore families living below poverty line across the country.
- The ambitious Rs 8,000 crore iniative will be funded using the money saved from 1.13 crore cooking gas users voluntarily giving up their subsidies through PM’s Give It Up initiative.
15 days Swachh Office drive launched across the country
- Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu launched a 15-day special ‘Swachh Office Drive’ for ensuring cleanliness at all Government offices across the country as an intensive thematic campaign under Swachh Bharat Mission.
- The Minister also planted a Neem sapling at Nirman Bhawan and inspected the building for about an hour for an on the spot assessment of sanitation.
- The Ministry’s suggestion include ensuring water supply at 45 litres per head per day, one toilet for every 25 persons, urinals to be provided based on employee strength, removal of stains every week, checking electrical fittings twice a week, acid cleaning and scrubbing of toilets daily, schedule of inspections etc.
Military tourism initiative ‘Veer Yatra’ launched in Pune
- Maharashtra Ex-servicemen’s Corporation has launched the Veer Yatra, an initiative by the Military body that aims to spice up a vacation with on-locale narratives of real-life dare- devilryand heroism.
- This Yatra is for civilians provides a peek into the lives of the country’s defence forces, also focusing on areas of historic importance. It also targets to provide employment to 1,000 exservicemen and war widows over the next year.
- This yatra includes a range of specially designed holiday packages that could take tourists to military training academies, battlefields, and high-altitude pickets, mountain passes such as Nathu La and Zoji La or border posts along the Line of Control.
J P Nadda launches ‘Kayakalp Fortnight’ to be observed across the country in Central Government hospitals
- Union Health Minister, J P Nadda launches ‘Kayakalp Fortnight’ at AIIMS, New Delhi in order to set protocols for hygiene and sanitation at government health facilities.
- ‘Kayakalp Fortnight’will be observed throughout the country in various central government hospitals from 20th May to 3rd June, 2016.
Objectives of Kayakalp:
- standards and protocols have been put in place for upkeep of services within and outside the buildings.
- support services such as laundry and food are provided at various locations. waste management and infection control measures are taken.
- Committees and sub-committees are formed to periodically review and monitor the progress.
Union Government announced 13 cities as Smart Cities
- Urban Development Ministry announced 13 cities as Smart Cities where highly advanced in terms of overall infrastructure, sustainable real estate, communications and market viability Ministry: Urban Development, Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation
Name of the Cities
- Lucknow, Warangal , Panaji, Dharamsala, Chandigarh, Raipur, New Town Kolkata, Bhagalpur, Port Blair, Imphal, Ranchi, Agartala and Faridabad Venkaiah Naidu conferred that seven more capital cities will be entered to the smart city competition.The above 13 cities are announced as Smart Cities.
- They are Patna, Shimla, Naya Raipur, Itanagar, Amaravati, Bengaluru and Thiruvananthapuram.
- Twenty-three cities, with the highest ranking from as many States and Union Terrritories, which failed to get representation in the first round of competition.
- The ‘Fast Track Competition’ from which these 13 were selected.
23 cities competed for the Fast Track Competition:
- Warangal (Telangana); Lucknow, New Town Kolkata, Panaji, Pasighat (Arunachal Pradesh), Dharmashala (Himachal Pradesh), Faridabad (Haryana), Raipur (Chattisgarh), Bhagalpur (Bihar), Shillong (Meghalaya), Namchi (Sikkim), Port Blair (Andaman & Nicobar Islands), Diu (Daman & Diu), Oulgaret (Puducherry), Silvassa (Dadra & Nagar Haveli), Imphal (Manipur), Ranchi (Jharkhand), Agartala (Tripura), Kohima (Nagaland), Aizawl (Mizoram), Kavaratti (Lakshadweep), Dehradun (Uttarakhand) and Chandigarh.
PM to inaugurate Ujjwala Yojana in Davangere district of Karnataka
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi to inaugurate the Ujjwala Yojana of the Union government during his visit Davangere district of Karnataka.
- The Ujjwala Scheme was launched by centre this month to provide LPG connections without security deposit to 5 crore women from BPL households over the next three years.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana:
- Under this flagship move Rs. 8,000 crore has been earmarked for providing 5 crore LPG connections to BPL households
- The scheme offers a financial support of Rs. 1,600 for each LPG connection to the BPL households. The credentials of eligible BPL families will be made in discussion with the State Governments and the Union Territories
Govt to rename ‘Mission Indradhanush’, adds four new vaccines to immunisation drive
- The Union health ministry to revamp its flagship immunisation programme Mission Indradhanush to include four new vaccines for rotavirus, measles rubella, inactivated polio vaccine biavalent and Japanese Encephalitis for adults. Mission Indradhanush:
- The mission depicting the seven colours of the rainbow that provides immunisation coverage against diphtheria, whooping cough, tetanus, polio, tuberculosis, measles and hepatitis B.
- The centre is targeting to immunise 90% of infants by 2020 under its ambitious nationwide immunisation drive.
State Government Schemes
Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister launched Chandranna Bima Yojana
- Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu inaugurated an insurance scheme – Chandranna Bima Yojanafor the working class people on May Day Venue: Vijayawada
- Investment: Rs. 132 Crore for the implementation
- Delegates: Union Minister for State for Science and technology Y S Chowdary, State Ministers K Achhannaidu, D Umamaheshwara Rao and P Raghunadha Reddy and MP K Srinivas Nani
Features of the Scheme:
- 5 Crore workers would be covered under the scheme
- 5 Lakh would be paid if the Insurer worker met with an accidental fatal
- 5 Lakh for Permanent disability and Rs. 3 Lakh for Partial disability
- The Chief Minister insisted officials to conduct inventory and enroll all the eligible workers under the scheme.
- He stated that workers to work for their family and not for the benefits of trade union leaders.
- Incentives to Industries would be transferred to accounts by State Government
- Online Inspection of Industries would be initiated to keep transparency
- Single Desk System was inducted to give permissions for the Establishment
Sulabh group to set up ‘hybrid toilet complexes’ in 9 Odisha cities
- The Odisha government signed a MoU with Sulabh International Social Service Organisation (SISSO) for construction and maintenance of hybrid toiletcomplexes in its nine cities.
- The hybrid toilet complexes having 5,957 seats will come up in urban centres such as Bhubaneswar, and other cities which covered under Atal Mission for Rejuvenation and Urban Transformation (AMRUT) yojna.
- These toilets are unique as they need only 300ml of water to flush out slush as compared to 10 to 15 litres required in a standard loo.
- The complexes come up with minimum maintenance cost, also the toilet complex will have energy efficient LED lighting system.
Odisha Government launches DBT scheme for farmers
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the Direct Benefit Transfer scheme for farmers and pledged digging of at least one lakh bore wells to improve irrigation facilities.
- On behalf this move famers will get themselves registered online to purchase seeds and get the subsidy amount in their bank accounts directly of the state.
- The first beneficiary of the DBT scheme was Ramesh Rout of Laxminarayanpur area. The seeds subsidy amount was deposited in Rout’s bank account.
HP Chief Minister launched initiative to empower women for Raising Education Standards
- Venue: Shimla, Himachal Pradesh Launched By: Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh
- Programme: ‘PEHAl’
- Theme: “Raising Education Standards”
- Qualitative change in Primary Education(Prerna)
- Educating people about Forest Rights
- Awareness on Health, Sanitation
- Launching Anti-Drug Campaigns
- Generating jobs and empowering women
Virbhadra Singh Statement:
- Being improved the learning levels in primary schools
- The programme would help identify gaps and make teachers responsible
- He rejoiced for the identification of 100 primary schools across Shimla for implementing the scheme called ‘PRERNA’.
- He awaked about the health and hygienic in all aspects of every school children
Deputy Commissioner Rohan Thakur statement:
- To integrate various associates for overall development of the district, including Panchayats, Mahila And Yuvak Mandals
- Information, Education and Communication (IEC) campaign
- Basic masonry, electrical work, home appliances and plumber courses are included in the Pehal Programme
- Building a resource base criteria of semi-skilled and skilled women
- To enhance the infrastructure for sports and recreational activities to take the youngsters away from drugs under the Pehal’s anti-drug campaign.
Gujarat CM launches ‘Smart Village’ program
- Gujarat government has launched Smart Village program, it was launched by Chief Minister Anandiben Patel on her two year completion in office in Gandhinagar in Gujarat.
- The state government will select 300 villages for Smart Village program that will get 80 lakh to 2 crore rupees cash assistance to improve public facilities in the villages.
- She will felicitate villages that have 100 percent completion of toilet. The chief minister also attended Accessible India Campaign.
Gujarat CM launches state-wide campaigns against malnutrition
- Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel launched two state-wide campaigns against malnutrition in Dangs district of the state.
- She flagged off two campaigns to provide iron-rich supplementary food children and women, whether they live in towns or remote forested areas,
- The campaigns namely, Bal Amritam, Mission Shakti.
- She urged the people to take a pledge to work to conveying down the infant and maternity mortality rates in this tribal-dominated district to the state’s average.
Government Schemes – June 2016
Central Government Schemes
Union Government launched e-Nivaran scheme to deal with real tax grievance
- The Union Government initiated a step to launch “e-Nivaran”Scheme to deal with Tax related issues of the public on test mode.
- Venue: Rajasva Gyan Sangam, New Delhi
- Delegates: Prime Minister, Finance Minister and Senior Tax Officials
- Version: First
- Organised by: Central Board of Direct Taxes and Central Board of Excise and Customs
Features of the Scheme:
- Officials have created a website to examine tax reforms
- Prime Minister advised to take care the real issues of the tax payer and respond to it quickly
- To deal with the concerns an e-Prevention Plan is being launched as a pilot basis in New Delhi
- Initiatives are being taken to create awareness about tax policies and procedures
- The Union Government has taken steps to make Tax- related procedures on paperless
- Implementation of Goods and Service tax has been started by the Central board of Excise and Customs
Union Government launched scheme for wind power projects
- Union Government initiated grid-connected wind energy projects targeted at producing1,000 MW clean power
- The scheme is organised by The Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI).
- The wind power is being provided to the non-wind erected states through bidding at various prices Features of the Scheme: Progression among project sizes, effective e-bidding, e-auctioning processes
- Satisfies the necessity of non-windy states regarding Non-Solar Renewable Purchase Obligation
- The bidding forecasts for the year 2016-2017 upto 1,000 MW capacity
- The power capacity should not be less than 25MW which is mentioned by the SECI for each and every developer during tender process.
Union HRD Minister Smriti Zubin Irani launched a new initiative ‘Vidyaniali’ to involve volunteers into co-scholastic activities of schools
- Union HRD Minister Smriti Irani initiated a step to inculcate reading habits among children vide a scheme “VIDYANJALI”
- Venue: New Delhi
- Focus: To cultivate reading habits among children, Create a reading culture at School and Community level
- Initially it will be implemented across 21 states in pilot basis.
Union Cabinet extends deadline of UDAY scheme
- The Union Cabinet has given it nod for the proposal of extending the deadline for implementing the Ujjwal Discom Assurance Yojana (UDAY) by a year to March 31, 2017.
- Upon this move all states shall take over 75% of ailing DISCOMs debt as on 30th September, 2015 by 31st March, 2017 by issuing Bonds.
- The extension is also to give states that have given their in-principle nod a little more time to order their finances before signing the official document.
Uiwal DISCOM Assurance Yoiana (UDAY):
- UDAY scheme was launched in November 2015 to deal with the burgeoning debt of discoms in the country.
- The scheme aimed to get discoms out of vicious ciricle of debt and enable them to buy power to increase consumption in the country.
Shri Piyush Goyal Launches Ujala Scheme in Goa and Vidyut Pravah & Urja Mobile App
- Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal launched URJA- Urban Jyoti Abhiyaan Mobile app on the side-lines of ongoing two day Conference of Power Ministers at Cansaulim in South Goa.
- The app intended to enhance consumer connect with the Urban Power Distribution sector by providing information of IT aided towns.
- The Minister also launched the Pradhan Mantri UJALA (Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LED for all) Yojana in the state with a target of replacing approximately 15 lakh LED bulbsthat benefits 5 lakh households.
- Besides he also launched Vidyut Pravah App which will allow common people to demand 24X7 power and will take transparency that makes state governments more accountable.
State Government Schemes
Odisha becomes first state to give social welfare benefits to transgender community
- Odisha State Government has initiated to provide the social welfare benefits toTransgender who are belongs to most deprived.
- Delegates: Niten Chandra, Principal Secretary of Department of Social Security
- Aim: To improve their overall social and economic status.
- Government ensure to recognize the third gender in the identity documents such as birth certificates, driving licenses and passports
- Certain number of public sector jobs, seats in schools and colleges must be allocated to third-gender applicants
- Transgender community people will be provided with Below Poverty Line (BPL) cardsto access benefits under various government welfare programmes
- Free housing, 100 days of paid work annually, Pensions and Loans to start up their own businesses
- They would also be entitled 5 kg of food grains every month under India’s National Food Security Act.
Assam Government launched Maitree Ek Gvan Yatra initiative to link primary schools to colleges
- Assam Government decided to launch Maitree Ek Gyan Yatra Scheme to link Primary Schools to colleges in Sivsagar District.
- Launched by: Education Department, Assam
- Focus: Under the programme, College lecturers will be taking Classes in High Schools and High School Teachers will be teaching in Primary schools voluntarily.
- Aim: To change the mindset of the teachers, as in some places subject teachers of a school considered it below their dignity to teach the lower level students.
Odisha State Government decided to provide education loan at 1% interest
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik initiated a new Scheme called as “Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojana” to afford education loan at 1% interest to students for pursuing higher studies Fund requirement: Rs. 500 Crore
- Purpose: To help for students pursuing higher education including Management, Law,
- Engineering and Medicine
- Aim: Ensuring that meritorious students do not stop enrolling for higher education due to financial stress.
Government Schemes – July 2016
Central Government Schemes
NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP PROMOTION SCHEME – got its ground clear by Cabinet.
- With a massive target of training 50 lakh apprentices, The Union Cabinet presided over by Mr. Narendra Modi approved the National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme on July 5th
- This scheme has a disbursal of about 10,000 crores in order to achieve its vast target of training 50 lakh apprentices.
- Apprenticeship Training is considered to be one of the most efficient ways to develop skilled manpower for the country. It provides for an industry led, practice oriented, effective and efficient mode of formal training.
- This scheme will be implemented by Director General of Training (DGT) under Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE).
- Being a first attempt in offering financial assistance to the apprentices, Central Government will share 25% of the total stipend payable to the employee directly with employers.
Cabinet approves Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) with an outlay of Rs.12000 crore
- In order to impart skilling to One Crore Indian population in the next four years, PM Narendra Modi unveiled Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) with an outlay ofRs.12000 crore. This scheme will impart new skills to 60 lakh people and also make certifications to 40 lakh people acquired under the Recognition of Prior Learning.
- In this Scheme, the training and assessment cost will be directly given to the training providers and assessing bodies as per the common norms.
- The financial assistance to the trainees is to be disbursed through the DBT – Direct Benefit Transfer scheme in the form of travel allowance, boarding and lodging fee.
- At the same time, the subsidy disbursement mandates the link of Aadhar and Biometricfor transparency and better transmission.
- In a nest step of addressing the skill requirements in different states, State Governments would be involved through a project based approach under the PMKVY 2016-20 with 25% of the total training targets as both physical and financial forms.
- General guidance, supervision and job arrangements for the trained people will be made through
- Rozgar Melas (placement camps)
- Kaushal Shivirs (mobilization camps).
- This target allocation between fresh training’s and RPL will be flexible and interchangeable depending on functional and operational requirements.
GOI releases 100 crore as its contribution for Atal Pension Yojana
- Government of India liberated Rs. 100 crore as its contribution to the Atal Pension Yojana Scheme.
- This additional contribution is offered to those who enrolled before march 31,2016 as 50% of the user contribution with a cap value of Rs.1000.
- The APY is focused on all citizens in the unorganized sector. The scheme is administered by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)through NPS architecture.
- This scheme is implemented through the APY Service Providers comprising of Public Sector Banks, Private Sector Banks, Regional Rural Banks, Cooperative Banks and Department of Post both in urban and rural areas across the country.
Rs. 28,000 cr released under MGNREGA
- Parliament was informed by Minister of State for Rural Development Ram Kripal Yadav that this year over Rs. 28,000 crore has been released Union government to States under MGNREGA Scheme to disburse last year’s accountabilities and for running the programme in the ongoing year.
- To avoid delay in paying wages to the beneficiaries of the Scheme government has started National Electronic Fund Management System in 11 States.
M/O Tourism approves projects of Rs. 275 crore for development of Krishna & Heritage circuit of State of Haryana, Rajasthan & Gujarat under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
- Under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme the Tourism Ministry has give its nod to the project worth 275 Crore for development of Krishna and Heritage circuit of State of Haryana, Rajasthan and Gujarat.
- Out of the total outlay Rs 195 crore for Krishna Circuit in Haryana and Rajasthan, however projects worth Rs 80 crore for Heritage Circuit on Mahatma Gandhi theme in Gujarat.
- The Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC) for the Swadesh Darshan Scheme met under the Chairmanship of Tourism Secretary Vinod Zutshi.
- Under Krishna Circuit in State of Rajasthan many sites including Jaipur are covered with total project cost of approximately 98.00 Crore.
Rs 2,048 crore sanctioned under ‘Swadesh Darshan” Scheme
- Tourism Ministry has sanctioned 25 projects under the “Swadesh Darshan” scheme worth 2048 Crore to 21 States and Union Territories.
- The 21 States and Union Territories include Jammu and Kashmir, Uttarakhand, Rajasthan, Maharashtra, Kerala, Puducherry, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Madhya Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Bihar, West Bengal, Sikkim, Assam, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland, Manipur and Tripura.
- North Eastern States: Ministry has sanctioned 9 projects worth Rs. 821 Crores covering all the 8 states.
- It has also sanctioned 3 projects for Rs. 282 Crores to the SG of Nagaland, Chhattisgarh and Telangana.
Govt allows state-run general insurers to sell PM’s crop insurance schemes
- Government of India made a pact of Allowing four Public Sector Insurers in PMFBY (Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana) on July 3rd ,2016.
- Along with the existing 11 private sector Insurers now Government allowed Four PSU’s namely LIC(life Insurance Corporation of India), General Insurance Corporation of India, National Insurance Co. ltd, Oriental Insurance Co. ltd. to increase the agricultural insurance cover to a great extent.
- The Government aims to achieve a huge potential of $2.5 Billion insurance premium collection in the upcoming agricultural practice seasons.
- The PMFBY has replaced the existing two crop insurance schemes — the National Agricultural Insurance Scheme (NAIS) and the Modified NAIS.
Government unveils fourth tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds
- Union Finance Ministry has launched the fourth Tranche of Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGB) for resident individuals and institutional investors. It will be open for investment from July 18 to 22.
- The issue price of the 4th tranche has been fixed at Rs. 3119 per gram of gold based on average of last week prices of physical gold.
- The first three tranches had attracted an investment of 1318 crore, equivalent to 4.9 metric tons of gold at the then prevailing prices.
- The government presented bonds are a physical gold plus since it also gives an interest of 2.75 percent per annum, payable every six months on initial investment.
- The investment in SGB is also eligible investment for Statutory Liquidity Ratio of Banks. The SGB is eligible to be converted into Demat form and can be used as collaterals for availing loans.
- The SGB shall be repayable on the expiration of eight years from the date of the issue and premature redemption is permitted after fifth, sixth and seventh years from the date of issue of SGB.
- The minimum subscription has been reduced to one gm, although the maximum remains at 500 gm per person/institution.
State Government Schemes
“Pashudhan Bima Yojana”, Insurance scheme for cattle breeders launched in Haryana
- An insurance Scheme for the cattle breeders has been announced by the BJP led Haryana Government named Jokhim Prabandhan Aur Pashudhan Bima Yojana. The Scheme is the result of recommendations made in Swaminathan Report.
- The scheme insurance would offer a cover encompasses cows, bulls, buffaloes and camel at a premium of Rs 100 and for sheep, goats and pigs at Rs 25 for 3 years. In case death of animal compensation will be provided by insurance players.
- This scheme is free of cost for cattle breeders belonging to the Scheduled Castes. That state also targeting to cover one lakh cattle under Pashudhan Bima Yojana.
Madhubabu Pension Scheme extended to 50 lakh beneficiaries with the latest addition of 3 lakh people
- On the mark of Independence Day celebrations, ‘Madhubabu Pension Scheme’ is going to be extended to three lakh more beneficiaries from August 15.
- Odisha Chief MinisterNaveen Patnaik directed the district collectors to extend this pension scheme in order to ensure social security for all the people on time.
- On the addition of these 3 lakh beneficiaries on 15 august, this scheme covers 50 lakh beneficiaries marking a strategic mark in building the social security of the normal people of Odisha.
- The eligible people below poverty line (BPL) category would be covered under this Madhu Babu Pension Yojana. Under the old-age pension scheme, a person receives Rs 300 per month after attaining 60 years.
- Beneficiaries beyond the age of 80 receive Rs 500 per month. While the state government provides Rs 100 under the scheme, the remaining amount is provided by the Centre.
Manipur joins UDAY scheme, to get benefits worth Rs 263 crore
- North Eastern state Manipur has joined the Ujwal DISCOM Assurance Yojana (UDAY) scheme. It is the 14th state to join the UDAY.
- The state will get benefit of around Rs 263 crore upon joining and can improve the state efficiency of the Discoms. The state also the first in Northern states to join in Scheme.
- In this regard MoU was inked between Centre and Manipur and its discoms for the benefit of the Discom
Meghalaya Governor launched the Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA)
- Meghalaya Governor V.Shanmuganathan inaugurated the launch of Pradhan Mantri Surakshit Matritva Abhiyan (PMSMA) in the East Khasi Hills District of Meghalaya at a programme organized by the office of the District Medical & Health Officer, East Khasi Hills District, under the aegis of the National Health Mission.
- Addressing the concern over the high Maternal Mortality Rate in the state of Meghalaya, the Governor in his speech called upon all stake holders including the government, social and religious organizations, youth bodies and the general public to come together to ensure safe and secure delivery of children.
- The inaugural programme was followed by a daylong Free Medical Camp for Pre-Natal and Post-Natal care which was availed by hundreds of women and children.
- PMSMA Scheme is a new initiative of the central government aimed at boosting the health care facilities for pregnant women especially the poor.
- The scheme provides that pregnant women would be given health check-up and required treatment for free on the 9th of every month in all government hospitals and health centers across India.
Government Schemes – August 2016
Central Government Schemes
Smart Ganga City Scheme Launched in Ten Cities
- Union Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Uma Bharti and Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu launched Smart Ganga City Scheme in 10 cities located along Ganga to set up Sewage Treatment Plants (STPs) and improve drainage.
The 5 Cities:
|The Scheme bound 10 Cities|
- These cities has been chosen by the National Mission for Clean Ganga where the programme will be established in the first phase for infrastructure development for sewage treatmenton hybrid annuity mode on public private partnership basis.
Nadda inaugurates AMRIT outlet at Safdarjung hospital
- Union Health Minister J P Nadda inaugurated the Affordable Medicines and Reliable Implants for Treatment (AMRIT) outlet at Safdarjung Hospital in New Delhi. It is the tenth AMRIT outlet centre.
- The country’s first AMRIT outlet opened at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS).
IIT-Kanpur adopts villages under Namami Gange
- IIT-Kanpur has adopted five villages to restrict the flow of sewage into the river under the Namami Gange programme .
- It will be done by the institute’s civil engineering department
- Five villages: L Ramel Nagar, Khoyra Katree, Pratapur, Hari Hindpur, and Katri Ladhva Khera.
Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu Unveils Swachh Survekshan-2017 for 500 cities
- With an idea to make competitive environment to make the cities clean and expedite the Swachh Bharat Mission of Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Union Urban Development Minister Venkaiah Naidu launched Swachh Survekshan-2017 for 500 cities in New Delhi on August 6.
- On its second stand to cover 500 cities and towns with a population of one lakh and above, besides capital towns with less than one lakh population and towns known for heritage, tourism and hilly locations this Swachh survekshan has been extended to cover the growing population of the Indian cities.
- Venkaiah Naidu addressed Mayors, Municipal Chairpersons, Municipal Commissioners and other concerned officials of 500 cities and towns to be surveyed via video conferencing and he informed the city officials that cities will be ranked based on the reports by urban local bodies on the progress made towards construction of toilets, feedback of citizens and independent observation of sanitation levels.
- In order to facilitate the reach of this scheme to the living population, the Central Minister launched several schemes such as,
- Swachh Survekshan guide book,
- Swachh Survekshan ideas book,
- Manual of Municipal Solid Waste Management,
- Self-Assessment Tool,
- A short film on Swachh Survekshan,
- Toll-free number 1969 and
- A mobile Swachhta app.
- Shri Venkaiah Naidu also launched ‘Asli Tarakki’ campaign highlighting the need for construction of toilets.
Narendra Modi Unveiled Mission Bhagiratha for Drinking Water Distribution throughout Telegana
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched phase-1 of a flagship project of Telangana government called ‘Mission Bhagiratha’, which is aimed at providing piped drinking water to every household in the state.
- Objective : To provide 100 liters of clean drinking water per person in rural households and 150 liters per person in urban households. This project aims to provide water to about 25000 rural habitations and 67 urban habitations.
- Chief Minister K Chandraskhar Rao named this Water Grid scheme which is meant for providing safe drinking water to every households in the rural areas with an estimated cost of Rs 35,000 crore as “Mission Bhagiratha”. It is an extensive 26 lakh km stretch of pipelines would be laid to quench the thirst of Telangana towns and villages apart from providing water for the people needs.
- Mr. Narendra Modi also laid the foundation stone for the following development projects,
- 152-km Manoharabad- Kothapalli new railway line which connects Hyderabad and Karimnagar,
- NTPC’s Telangana Super Thermal Power Project Stage-1 (2×800 MW), Ramagundam,
- Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Sciences, Warangal and
- Revival of Ramagundam fertiliser plant in Karimnagar district.
- Singareni Thermal Power Project (2X600 MW) at Jaipur in Adilabad district.
Union Cabinet approved the introduction of pension and post-retirement medical schemes
- The Union Cabinet led by Shri. Narendra Modi approved the introduction of pension and postretirement medical schemes for the 22,000 existing employees of Food Corporation of India (FCI) as per the guidelines of Department of Public Enterprise.
- As per the press statement of the government of India, all employees including Category I, II, III and IV of the Corporation on the payroll as on 1.12.2008 or appointed thereafter are covered under the new pension scheme for employees of FCI.
- It adds that another 4,000 retired employees will also get benefit of the pension scheme.
- In order to qualify for this pension scheme one should have a Minimum service period of 15 years before superannuation except in case of death.
- The Employer’s Contribution is 10% of Basic pay and DA per month in respect of all existing employees as on 01.12.2008 or appointed thereafter.
- The Employees’ Mandatory Contribution is about 2% of basic pay + DA per month. Employees’ Voluntary Contribution and up to 25% of basic pay + DA per month.
- The scheme also offers Benefits of Pension (Annuity) on superannuation and Death Cover.
Post Medical Scheme:-
- It applies to all employees Category I, II, III & IV employees of the Corporation including retired employees who are members of the current employee funded Medical Health Scheme for Retirees.
- A Minimum service period of 15 years before superannuation except in case of death qualifies one to this scheme.
- The Employer contribution is 83% of Basic + DA w.e.f. 01.04.2016.
- The Employee Contribution is Last drawn Basic pay and DA at the time of retirement / death during service, subject to minimum of Rs.10, 000.
On the eve of Independence Day, Bihar CM unveils bunch of State Development schemes
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar announced a bunch of development projects and schemes regarding the “seven resolves” adopted by his government for the next five years.
- On the 70th Independence Day, Nitish Kumarannouncedthe launch of Student Credit Card scheme from October 2 and this scheme promises Rs. four lakh interest free loan to students for pursuing higher education.
- Another scheme of providing free Wi-fi facility would be made available in all state universities and colleges from February 2017.
- A new scheme of launch of startup capital of Rs. 5,000 crore to help young entrepreneurs start their ventures.
- An innovative scheme of opening centers in all 534 blocks in the state forimparting language training and computer knowledge to youths to prepare them with better employment prospects
Uma Bharti launches various projects under Namami Gange
- Union Minister for Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Sushri Uma Bharti launched various Projects on the Bank of Ganga worth 560 crore under Namami Gange programme at Ganga Barrage in Kanpur.
The Projects launched includes:
- Interception and diversion plan of Sisamau drain-worth Rs. 63 crore.
- Networking schemes at Bithoor-Worth Rs. 397 crore
- River front development scheme at Bithoor-worth Rs. 100 crore.
- Ghats and five crematoria will be constructed at Bithoor.
Guruvayur to be covered under the PRASAD scheme to be covered in this scheme
- The famous Sreekrishna temple in Guruvayur has been included in the Union Tourism Ministry’s Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spirituality Augmentation Drive(PRASAD).
- Under this PRASAD scheme Development of roads, new streetlights and improvement of drinking water supply will also be taken up. Protection of the monument, toilet facilities, rest rooms, watchtower, open-air theatres, rain shelters and primary health centers are other priorities.
- Modern communication facilities, including Wi-Fi, will be set up at Guruvayur and this scheme would also result in increase in tourists to State.
Union Cabinet approved the scheme for the grant of Permanent Residency Status (PRS) to foreign investors
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has approved the scheme for grant of Permanent Residency Status (PRS) to foreign investors subject to the relevant conditions as specified in the FDI Policy notified by the Government from time to time.
- Permanent residency status will allow investors to enter India multiple times without any stay stipulation, allow them to buy residential property and their spouses to take up employment in private sector or study in India without employment or student visa.
- To get a permanent residency status, the investor should make a minimum investment of Rs 10 crores within 18 months or 25 crores within 36 months. The government also specified that the investor can avail of the benefits only if his investment generates employment for at least 20 resident Indians every year.
State Government Schemes
Bihar government to implement Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana
- Nitish Kumar-led Bihar Government is agreed to implement the Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana on an experimental basis in Kharif season with immediate effect.
- The move by the Bihar is to test whether the Scheme is actually helps Farmers or the Insurance players who involved in the Scheme.
Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana:
- Union government has announced this New Crop Insurance scheme on 13thJanuary, 2016, being rolled out from the Kharif season this year. This scheme replaces the existing two schemes National Agricultural Insurance Scheme and the Modified NAIS.
- Under the provisions farmers’ premium has been kept at a maximum of 2 % for foodgrains and oilseeds, and up to 5 % for horticulture and cotton crops (annual Yielding).
Maharashtra renovated and re launched girl child development scheme as Majhi Kanya Bhagyashri
- Maharashtra government re launched its “Majhi Kanya Bhagyashri” scheme in order to achieve its objective of improving the skewed girl child ratio in the state.
- This scheme is broadly divided into two parts.
- The couple has gone for family planning operation after the birth of the first girl child; and
- The couples have opted for the family planning operation after the birth of the second girl child.
- However, the scheme shall not apply for couples having one boy and one girl.
- This re launched move is an amalgamation of “Sukanya” scheme and the Centre’s “Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao” scheme introduced last year.
Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar adopted Donja Village of Maharashtra under Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna
- Cricket icon and Rajya Sabha MP Sachin Tendulkar has selected Donja village in Osmanabad district of Maharashtra for development under the Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojna.
- Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana is a rural development programme broadly focusing upon the development in the villages which includes social development, cultural development and spread motivation among the people on social mobilization of the village community.
Odisha Govt. launches Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana for aiding Weavers
- Odisha State Government has launched a new scheme for elderly weavers in the state to mark the National Handlooms Day. Named as “Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana”, the scheme is aimed at providing financial assistance to the elderly weavers in the state.
- Under this scheme the state government would provide Rs 500 pension to the weavers, on the occasion of National Handloom Day.
Financial Relief for Weavers in Odisha:-
- Odisha government has initiated several welfare schemes for the weaver community in the state and increase the reach of handloom.
- There are about 8000 weavers in the state working in this field for more than 20 years to which the scheme will be extended.
- Under the Baristha Bunakar Sahayata Yojana, the weavers above the age of 60 years will get an allowance of Rs. 500 per month while weavers above 80 years of age will get Rs. 700 per month
- The allowance amount will directly be deposited into the bank account of about 8000 beneficiary weavers. The scheme will put an extra burden of 5 crore annually on the state government.
Odisha Cabinet accords in-principle approval to implementation of Kalinga Siksha Sathi Yojna
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has accorded in-principal approval to a new education loan scheme for poor meritorious students in the state. Named as “Kalinga Sikshya Sathi Yojana” the state government will provide education loans at interest of just 1 percent per annum to the poor students.
Objective of the scheme:
- To ensure that the meritorious students from the poor families enroll into the higher studies. Until now, many such students do not enroll into the higher studies due to lack of the funds, but Kalinga Sikshya Sathi Yojana will ensure help to such students and their better future.
- The students wants to undergo higher studies in education, medical, engineering, management, law and others can avail the education loan under the new scheme.
- The scheme will definitely reduce the burden of education loans and financial stress on the poor households across the state.
- The state government has earmarked 500 crores for Kalinga Sikshya Sathi Yojana from its own resources. The state government has dedicated this scheme to former Chief Minister Biju Patnaik on his birth centenary.
Haryana Government Approved NCR TAXI SCHEME for its 13 Districts
- Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has approved a proposal of the State Transport department to implement a new “NCR Taxi Scheme 2016” in 13 districts of the state falling in the National Capital Region.
- This scheme would be implemented in the Districts of Gurgaon, Faridabad, Jhajjar, Rohtak, Bhiwani, Sonepat, Panipat, Karnal, Mewa, Palwal, Rewari, Jind and Mahendragarh.
Madhya Pradesh & Puducherry joins “UDAY” scheme
- Madhya Pradesh and Union territory Puducherry joined Centre’s Power deft revitalizing power discoms UDAY scheme that will save the state Rs 17,515 crore and for the UT it is expected to be around Rs.72 crore.
- With this Puducherry is the first union territory to formally join the scheme. Also this marks the number of states/UT that have joined UDAY goes up to 16.
Jharkhand – the first state to implement Public Fund Management System (PFMS)
- Jharkhand became the first state in the country to have implemented Public Fund Management System (PFMS).
- Public Financial Management System (PFMS) initially started as a Plan scheme named CPSMS of the Planning Commission in 2008-09 as a pilot in four States of Madhya Pradesh, Bihar, Punjab and Mizoram for four Flagship schemes e.g. MGNREGS, NRHM, SSA and PMGSY. After the initial phase of establishing a network across Ministries / Departments, it has been decided to undertake National rollout of CPSMS (PFMS) to link the financial networks of Central, State Governments and the agencies of State Governments. The scheme was included in 12th Plan initiative of Planning Commission and Ministry of Finance.
Gujarat becomes first state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs under UJALA scheme
- Gujarat is all set to become the first state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs under Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for all (UJALA) scheme.
- The state run Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) is distributing over 2 lakh bulbs daily in Gujarat which itself a record number.
Government Schemes – September 2016
Central Government Schemes
Centre Government notifies National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme
- The central Government has notified National Apprenticeship Promotion Scheme to offer financial incentives to employers for the first time.
- The Scheme has an outlay of Rs. 10,000 crore with a target of 50 Lakh apprentices to be trained by 2019-20.
- This Apprenticeship Training is considered to be one of the most efficient ways to develop skilled manpower for India.
- The policy proposes to work pro-actively with the industry including MSME to facilitate tenfold increase opportunities in the country by 2020
Tourism Min approves projects of Rs 450 cr under Swadesh Darshan scheme
- The government has approved projects worth about Rs 450 crore under Swadesh Darshan scheme for five states, including Uttar Pradesh. This scheme was launched with an objective to develop 13 theme-based tourist circuits in the country and the approval for five was given in a meeting of the central sanctioning and monitoring committee (CSMC).
About Swadesh Darshan:
- The Ministry of Tourism (MoT), Government of India has formulated a plan scheme Swadesh Darshan for integrated development of tourist circuits around specific themes. The five circuits identified under this Scheme are Buddhist Circuit, Himalayan Circuit, Coastal Circuit, Krishna Circuit and North-East Circuit.
- The scheme is 100% centrally funded for the project components undertaken for public funding.
- Ramayana circuit in Uttar Pradesh, Coastal circuit in Tamil Nadu, The heritage circuit in Madhya Pradesh, The Heritage circuit in Uttarakhand.
Vice President inaugurates the 4th phase of the Vidyadhanam project in Kochi
- As part of his three-day visit to Kerala, Vice President Mohammad Hamid Ansari inaugurated the fourth phase of the Vidyadhanam project, piloted by Prof. K. V. Thomas Vidyadhanam Trust at St.Teresa’s College.
- The Vidyadhanam educational scholarship scheme will benefit students of government and aided schools in Ernakulam Lok Sabha constituency.
Govt. has adopted comprehensive and integrated coastal security scheme
- Government has adopted a comprehensive and integrated coastal security schemeto strengthen the country’s coastal network, was stated by Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh after commissioning Coast Guard ship ‘Sarathi’ in Goa in the presence of Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar.
- The government has started the process of security audit to identify vulnerable areas in the seas and along the coastline.Maritime terrorism continues to be a security threat as we have a long coastline with many big cities and security installations
Government issues model guidelines for states to curb Ponzi schemes
- Model guidelines were issued for states in order to protect consumers from Ponzi frauds, to regulate direct selling and multi-level marketing businesses while prohibiting pyramid structures as well as money circulation schemes.
- Food and Consumer Affairs Minister Ram Vilas Paswan released the ‘Direct Selling Guidelines 2016’ framework and has been sent to the states and Union Territories for adoption.
- The guidelines clearly define legitimate direct selling in order to help investigating agencies identify the firms involving fraudulent activities.
- Direct selling means marketing, distribution and sale of goods or providing of services as a part of network of direct selling other than under a pyramid scheme. Money Circulation Scheme has the same meaning as defined under Prize Chits and Money Circulation Schemes (Banning) Act, 1978.
Govt to expand DBT to 147 schemes by next March
- Government planned to double the number of schemes under DBT to 147 by March and had launched pilots for paying subsidy on food, kerosene and fertiliser directly via bank accounts of beneficiaries.
- Benefits and subsidies in as many as 74 schemes of 17 government departments and ministries were paid directly to beneficiaries under DBT. Government planned to extend DBT to 147 schemes by March 2017.
Central Government announced 27 new cities under Smart City Mission
- Central Government has announced 27 new Smart Cities from the 63 cities. The announcement was made by Union Minister Shri Venkaiah Naidu in New Delhi.
27 New Cities :
- The 27 cities selected in the ‘Smart City Challenge’ competition in order of the marks scored by them are:
|Ujjain||Madhya Pradesh||Thanjavur||Tamil Nadu|
|Vellore||Tamil Nadu||Salem||Tamil Nadu|
|Nagaland and Sikkim have made it to the smart city list for the first||time.|
Railways to introduce Yatri Mitra Sewa to book wheelchair cum porter services
- To provide support to old and differently abled passengers requiring assistance at the stations, Ministry of Railways had decided to introduce Yatri Mitras Sewa for enabling passengers to book wheelchair services cum porter services.
- This service could be booked on IRCTC e-ticketing website and 139 or through a mobile. The responsibility of providing the Yatri Mitra Sewa has been entrusted with IRCTC.
Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters
- The Union Cabinet has given its ex-post facto approval to enhancement of Pension for Freedom Fighters and for the spouses, eligible daughters and dependent parents of deceased Freedom Fighters, under the Swatantrata Sainik Samman Pension Scheme (SSSPS), 1980.
The revised particulars as follows,
|Ex-Andaman Political Prisoners/ spouses||Rs. 30,000/-|
|Freedom fighters who suffered outside British India/spouses||Rs. 28,000/-|
|Other Freedom Fighters / spouses including INA||Rs. 26,000/-|
|Dependent parents/eligible daughters(maximum 3 daughters at any point of time)||50% of the sum that would have been admissible to the Freedom Fighter i.e. in the range of Rs. 13,000/- to Rs. 15,000/-|
Centre Renames Restructred Indira Awaas Yojana As PMAY
- The rural housing scheme Indira Awaas Yojana (IAY), started by former Prime MinisterRajiv Gandhi, has been restructured and renamed as Pradhan Mantri Awaas Yojana(PMAY), which would be launched next month.
- The IAY would be included by the PMAY.Under the new scheme, the government was aiming to construct one crore houses by 2019.
Health Ministry to launch “Mission Parivar Vikas” in 145 High Focus districts for improved family planning services
- Shri J P Nadda, Minister of Health and Family Welfare going to launch “Mission Parivar Vikas” in 145 districts for intensive and improved family planning services.
- Aim: To reach the replacement level fertility goals of 2.1 by 2025
- 7 states are Uttar Pradesh, Bihar, Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand and Assam
State Government Schemes
Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik unveiled Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana scheme
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the ‘Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana’ (BKRY) and inaugurated 1,000 anganwadi buildings here as part of the celebration marking birth centenary of legendary Biju Patnaik.
About Biju Kanya Ratna Yojana :
- This scheme will create awareness on gender discrimination against girls, their health, nutrition and education
- The objective of the scheme is to improve Sex Ratio at Birth (SRB) and Child Sex Ratio (CSR) in the three districts.
Mehbooba Mufti launches ‘CM Scooty scheme’ for girls
- Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti launched the “CM Scooty Scheme” for college girls in Srinagar
- This is the first time in weeks that the state of Jammu and Kashmir is making headlines for a developmental scheme.
- The scheme is expected to support women in colleges who come from economically backward people to continue their education.
Odisha Govt. launches construction workers pension scheme
- Odisha chief minister Naveen Patnaik declared all registered construction workers above60 years of age will get pension of Rs 300 per month while workers above 80 years of age will get pension of Rs 500 per month who registered for a minimum of five years
- Financial assistance for mothers has been increased from Rs 8,000 to Rs 10,000 while seriously ill workers are provided Rs 3 lakh.
- The state government has provided assistance of Rs 172 crore to 4 lakh construction workers under different scheme..
Chhattisgarh CM launches ‘start-up Chhattisgarh’ scheme
- Chief Minister Raman Singh”Start-up Chhattisgarh” by announcing a number of sops and tax exemptions to attract budding entrepreneurs and investors to the state.
- Addressing media at the Shri Shankaracharya Institute of Professional Management and Technology, Singh announced his government would give tax exemptions to those venturing into this sector.
- The state government launched its action plan for promoting start-ups inChhattisgarh and announced for boot camps covering all 27 districts of the state
Haryana govt announces free bus rides for girl students
- Free bus rides for Haryana girl school students announced by Haryana Transport minister Krishan Lal Panwar .
- Free travel facility also extended to girl students on the state roadways buses
- The order came in the wake of complaints by some girl students of Khandra village, who alleged that a bus driver did not halt the bus to allow them to board it.
Tourism Ministry approves projects of Rs 500 crore for Jammu and Kashmir
- The Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee (CSMC) chaired by Union Tourism Secretary Shri Vinod Zutshi for the ‘Swadesh Darshan Scheme’ has approved projects of worth Rs. 500 Crore for Jammu and Kashmir.
- Approved Projects:
- Mantalai – Sudhmahadev – Patnitop Circuit – Rs.99.99 Crore,
- Baramulla-Kupwara-Leh circuit – Rs.99.98 Crore,
- Rajouri – Bafliyaz – Shopian – Pulwama Circuit – Rs.99.99 Crore
- Anantnag-Kishtwar- Pahalgam – Daksum – Ranjit Sagar Dam Circuit – Rs.99.75 Crore.
- In addition, Rs. 99.99 Crore has been approved for integrated development of tourist facilities in lieu of damaged assets in the floods.
“Selfie With My Shauchalya” Campaign Launched In Ludhiana
- The Ludhiana District Administration has started the “Selfie with my Shauchalya” campaign to make the Swachh Bharat Mission successful and encourage people to use clean toilets.
- Under the initiative, beneficiaries of toilets provided by the Punjab government andBharti Foundation had been urged to click a selfie with their toilets.
TN Govt allotted Rs 204 crore for ‘Thaaliku Thangam’ scheme
- Tamil Nadu government had allotted Rs.204 crore towards the implementation of enhanced gold scheme under a marriage assistance programme.
- ‘Thaaliku Thangam’ (Gold for Mangalsutra) scheme for the year 2016-17 would benefit12,500 women.This scheme involves providing marriage assistance and gold for daughters of poor parents and widows among others to make ‘thaali.
- While 12,500 women who had applied for the scheme would be provided with 8 gm of gold this year, about 4 lakh others who had applied earlier will be provided with 4 gm.
TN govt to launch 50 ‘Amma Free Wi-Fi’ zones
- Jayalalitha lead government issued orders to set up ‘Amma Free Wi-Fi’ zones in 50 places across the Tamil Nadu on September 23, 2016.
- I n the first phase, 50 schools will be covered at a cost of Rs 10 crore.
CM & Union Petroleum Minister launch Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana in J&K
- Jammu and Kashmir CM Mehbooba Mufti launched the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) to provide free LPG connections to BPL households on September 29, 2016 in Jammu Kashmir in the presence of State for Petroleum and Natural Gas Dharmendra Pradhan
- A target of 35 lakh connections has been set under PMUY out of which one lakh connections are to be provided during next 15 days.
Cabinet gives ex-post facto approval to Varistha Pension Bima Yojana
- The Union Cabinet under the Chairmanship of Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval for the Varishtha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY).
- This scheme was launched on 14th July, 2003 and Varistha Pension Bima Yojana (VPBY) 2014 launched on 14th August, 2014.
LATESTS GOVERNMENT JOBS
TN Police Materials TET Paper II Science TET Paper II Social Science Group 2A Materials VAO Course TNPSC Group VIII Course Pack TNPSC Assistant Jailor Tamil Video Course